Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Demo? Rare or Well Done or BURNT!
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
Demo? Rare or Well Done or BURNT! - Oct 17, 2006 11:34
So I sat down the other day, with my modem mind you, and I actually went online! So first then I do is run to the demo room and download all the demos out there (of the games that I think are interesting).

So I got this demo of Dead Rising see. Simply awesome, I spent the whole time just smashing zombies with stuff before a video of these three hunters with sniper rifles talked amonst themselves about blowing my characters head off. And I thought " What a fanastic demo! Better add this to this list of ' Games for Xmas"

Then I thought back to the day I downloaded the DOA demo. And I was like, " Eh, too hard of a game, the computer is kicking my ass left and right...DELETED!"

Then I downloaded DOOM Demo. I have the same game from the Limited Edition Doom 3 game, and I personally didn' t like DOOM 1 or 2 on the limited edition. Well, I downloaded it, played it. And I was all " Hey, the graphics are upped, plays fantastic, I' ll burn $10 for this"

Well, to make a novel short. Demos! We love them and one thing I really like in demos are is like a " tutorial" level where you can actually get used to the controls. If there was a small tutor level where I could get accustiomed to the controls, I probably wouldn' t of deleted the GRAW, DOA, or Madden 07 demos...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Demo? Rare or Well Done or BURNT! - Oct 17, 2006 14:16
I completed Doom on arcade on ultraviolence, that money was spent well! it was fun through and through, just like it was back in 1993
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Demo? Rare or Well Done or BURNT! - Oct 17, 2006 14:49
DOA was too hard for you?

LOL, I can buton mash my way through the whole game.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 17 Oct 06 6:49:30 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Demo? Rare or Well Done or BURNT! - Oct 17, 2006 15:27
Button mashing dont actually work on the last boss lady thing! Atleast it didnt for me!
Evil Man

RE: Demo? Rare or Well Done or BURNT! - Oct 17, 2006 15:29
It does, press down + kick repeatedly, sometimes it wont work, usually it does.
Vx Chemical

RE: Demo? Rare or Well Done or BURNT! - Oct 17, 2006 15:40
Ill try that if i borhter to try and unlock all costumes!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Demo? Rare or Well Done or BURNT! - Oct 17, 2006 18:35
Yeah it' s pretty easy to cheap the boss once you' ve figured it out. Hayabusa' s diagonal up left + kick is an example of this. Time it right and you can kill the boss by spamming this one move.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Demo? Rare or Well Done or BURNT! - Oct 18, 2006 04:07
DOA4 never grabbed me. I got it and never felt the need to play it. The only reason I' ve not been on Dead Rising recently is because I' ve been a bit busy. had I a demo of DOA before it came out I would have known. the demo of Dead Rising was enough for me to buy the game.

The Marketplace is greatness, it' s like an event whenever a new demo comes out I' ve been waiting for.
Evil Man

RE: Demo? Rare or Well Done or BURNT! - Oct 18, 2006 04:56
It' s not that amazing, I' ve been downloading demos on PC for like, atleast the past 10 years.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 17 Oct 06 20:56:57 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Demo? Rare or Well Done or BURNT! - Oct 18, 2006 04:57
Back on topic, (I don' t own DOA4)

I really enjoy demos 1. because they keep me from buying crappy games, and 2. It' s always nice to be on top of new gameplay changes in a series before the game launches. (AKA, wrapping my mind around the spy' s changes in SC:DA)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll