Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far.
Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 05, 2006 15:30
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=fr_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.jeux-france.com%2fimages0_4_15144.aspx

The scans are being shown in psm magazine, but these are the 360 shots of the game as ps3 devs are still under nda and can' t release any ps3 media unless sony gives permission. Which is why these are definetly 360 shots, but its a multiplatform game so it should obviously look the same on the ps3.

Its a good day when games with graphics like this are playable on next gen systems now. Its still a first generation title what will the games look like 2 or 3 years down the road? My question is if this looks like this exactly what does.. lets say a game like halo 3 look like? The very thought excites me E3 hurry up please :)

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 05, 2006 18:37
i think the game is a ps3 exclusive as far as i remember.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 05, 2006 20:23
Didn' t Gearbox announce it for 360 last month...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 05, 2006 21:04
That doeasnt make any sense,why was it in OXM,and why is ubi soft the publisher? who is pro xbox/Xbox360,and why was the previous 2 titles on xbox?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 05, 2006 21:18
It was in the official xbox magazine in march.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 06, 2006 00:52
I wonder what Framerate this is gona run at? Max30fps!??

One of the Boxes to be ticked for a ' True' next generation game is it has to run atleast a constant 60fps..

If it does that, then ill be impressed.
Syro

• Total Posts : 15
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 06, 2006 04:47
yay. Another First person shooter....What else is new?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 06, 2006 04:55
Brothers In Arms is an Brillant WW2 shooter and this game is gearing up to have fantastic gameplay and graphics. Good Job!
Syro

• Total Posts : 15
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 06, 2006 04:58
Sorry but I think first person shooters should stay on PC' s. That' s my opinion.

Another game with good graphics and gameplay. I heard that about Battlefield2 Modern Combat. And also the previous ones of those in their respected times.

If I ever switch over to Xbox they better go get some new genres in other then sports and First person shooters..Though looking at DOA4 it' s kinda tempting. Gotta hold back.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 06, 2006 09:11
Wow, those are really pretty. I trust gearbox, but untill i see gameplay footage, that one goes in my, " Oh i really hope next-gen looks like that!" box, right along with I8, & Battlefield 2 (360)

Another game with good graphics and gameplay. I heard that about Battlefield2 Modern Combat.

dude, tell me you' re talking about the 360 version.
Battlefield: Modern Combat' s visuals for present-gen consoles were lacking. vehicles just dissapear in a modestly rendered explosion. No fragmentation, no smoke, not even a scorch mark, just gone. The single player is laughable. However, you can tell they spent alot of time perfecting the online, because that is the part of the game that really shines through as a redeeming factor. (that and hotswapping)

p.s. did i mention how difficult it is to hold an m1 like the way he is in while jumping over that wall? those thing' s are flippin heavy.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 06, 2006 09:52
I would certainly think this game is coming to Xbox360 considering this months (MAY) OXM has an exclusive 6 page article on it.

The article talks about a lot of interesting new things (including a MP mode to include at the very least 32 players). You also now control 3 squads. The new squad is a special tasks squad (using lots of the more deadlier tools: rockets, airstrike, ect). The new enviroment damage makes taking cover a bit more hectic at times. Lotsa new things added plus the more or less wording of further sequals. This one takes place during the failed Operation Market Garden mission.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6 Apr 06 1:58:38 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 06, 2006 10:07
Yea that' s the interesting thing for me is that it' ll be based on the events of ' Operation Market Garden' , which was a complete failure for the Allies in real life. It was a bold plan that could have ended the war early but went totally wrong, and ended up costing the Allies thousands of lives in the process. I' d like to see how they turn that into a heroic Nazi pounding fest that most WWII shooters are.

If they keep the game historically accurate, I' d be impressed. There' s a good read about what really happened here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/war/wwtwo/battle_arnhem_01.shtml

< Message edited by choupolo -- 6 Apr 06 2:08:38 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 06, 2006 10:14
The article talked about why its called BIA: Hell' s Highway as the finale may be a very hellish retreat whilst defending a bridge or somthing along the lines. It also pits both of the stars from the previous 2 games in this one so you may move in with one squad as part of the story and then the second half is rescuing the ones in the first part? ya im just speculating quite a bit. but it sounds reasonable dontcha thing?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 06, 2006 19:19
That really does look great. Before entering i was about to say its too hard to say with scans, but WOW.

But im waiting for E3 and video feeds to tell the real tales!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Brothers in Arms 360 scans. Best looking next gen game so far. - Apr 07, 2006 04:11

Battlefield2 Modern Combat

I wish that they would devolp a port to the 360 which has the great graphics of the game and the gameplay left INTACT, its a completely different game comapred to the Pc version, which is a shame, as the pc version rocks.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll