Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Guitar Hero III hits " Every Significant Format"
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Guitar Hero III hits " Every Significant Format" - Apr 12, 2007 01:28
That means PS2, 360, PS3, DS & Wii for the folks who can' t read between the lines.

After purchasing original Guitar Hero publisher RedOctane, Activision was upfront about its intentions to bring the franchise to multiple platforms, but it' s been somewhat less transparent about the specifics. However, a support center listing on RedOctane' s online Guitar Hero knowledgebase has clued gamers in to the company' s future plans, specifying that Guitar Hero III is scheduled for a fall release on the Wii, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 2.

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick confirmed the publisher would be bringing the franchise to " every significant new format" starting in 2007. More recently, an Activision representative said the company was doubling its efforts on the DS and Wii in a number of franchises, including Guitar Hero.

Message boards lit up with discussion of the game this morning, and the mention of Guitar Hero III subsequently disappeared from the site.

LINK
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Guitar Hero III hits " Every Significant Format" - Apr 12, 2007 10:37
ewww. for some reason this leaves a bad taste [:' (] If they do this i think they' ll lose money, because most people who buy the game obviously will buy the guitar with it, but what if It sells on the 360 and PS3, but nothing else? And how are they putting it on ds? Is there gonna be like a miniature guitar with it?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Guitar Hero III hits " Every Significant Format" - Apr 13, 2007 00:45
Giving it a bit more thought, I' m not sure I like it either. I mean, when was the last time you played a good console-to-DS port? OFC they' d be using the stylus, as there' d be no other decent way to control it, but I figured if it made the jump it' d be to PSP, & not DS.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Guitar Hero III hits " Every Significant Format" - Apr 13, 2007 10:35
I just cant see it on anything but PS3 or 360. Personally i could care less about the GH games, but i know many people do.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Guitar Hero III hits " Every Significant Format" - Apr 14, 2007 05:57
By the time GHIII is released, I' ll still suck at GHII.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll