Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 KIllzone demo
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
KIllzone demo - Oct 09, 2004 21:11
Finally played Killzone, the demo came with OPS2 magazine and after playing it, i don' t see what all the hype was. It' s ok!

You get to play through the first level and you can pick one of three characters. Each one having there own path through the game.

If this is meant to be a Halo killer then it might be a Halo 1 killer but not a Halo 2 killer , from what i' ve seen so far.
MachineGunMac

• Total Posts : 14
RE: KIllzone demo - Oct 10, 2004 04:10
I' ve played it and it definately is not a Halo killer. Good game, but no ways near a halo killer.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: KIllzone demo - Oct 10, 2004 06:51
When does this game come out?
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: KIllzone demo - Oct 10, 2004 11:20
It comes out November 19th in the UK, so it will probably be released before that or on the same day in America.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: KIllzone demo - Oct 10, 2004 13:45
Looks like I' ve got a reason to pick up the OPS2 mag tomorrow then. I' ve tried to stay clear of all the hype over Killzone... I hate it when a new game gets pushed with no real proof of greatness. It' s a ' Halo Killer' , whatever. I' ll believe it when I play it. At the moment all the attention the game has been drawing just put me off it but the demo will give me reason to care or not.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: KIllzone demo - Oct 10, 2004 23:48
Here' s my 2 cents on Killzone and the " Halo-killer" hype it has gotten.

This game' s developers were out to make a stylistic FPS with a new direction, and they wanted the PS2 being put to use graphics-wise. When it was seen that there was a PS2 FPS that didn' t look like total ass, some magazine called it a halo-killer. Since then, that has been the only talk about the game on forums.

Once you can get past the mindless halo argument, you will find that this game is awesome in it' s own merits. The online play is going to be very fun, and team strategy based. I beta tested and got to play online with only 3 of the 8 maps, but all 6 modes were in tact. I can say that with all the kinks worked out, this is going to be a very solid game.

I don' t see how someone can play Halo and another FPS, but will only play either halo or killzone. I want them both

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll