Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ESPN YOU WHORES!!!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 17, 2005 18:28
EA just friggin bought ESPN for 15 years! WTF?!

IGN

I really do not want the future of all gaming in the hands of EA...sure this is just the sports area but look at what they doing over with Ubisoft....
< Message edited by Mass X -- 1/17/2005 6:33:18 PM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 17, 2005 19:08
Time to bring back the SEGA SPORTS title ;)

Let' s just hope all of these big moves EA is making somehow bites them in the butt, starting with them ditching Madden.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 17, 2005 19:54
I hope it bites them in the ass. But according to a UK article, EA wants to take on companies like Disney. They have said that they want to be the biggest force in the gaming industry by far.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 17, 2005 21:45
All I can say is-

" F*CK YOU EA! SUCK MY C*CK AND DIE! THEN GO TO HELL AND BURN FOR ETERNITY! B@ST@RDS! EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU CORPORATE @SS MONKEYS, B@ST@RDS!"

I hope everyone stops buying their games now. It would be great to see them sell less after signing these major contracts. If so we could potentilally see EA dig their own grave by going into massive debt. Ah, that would be beautiful. Oh yeah... F*CK YOU EA, YOU GUYS F*CKING SUCK!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 18, 2005 05:52
I just love the title of this thread! I actually laughed out loud at work when I read it. Ah, whores indeed.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 18, 2005 05:55
Ok, I just went ad read the article. This is my favorite part : Electronic Arts explains the ESPN agreement as helping gamers:

This relationship was created to benefit consumers who are passionate about sports games," said EA CEO Larry Probst. " EA SPORTS recreates the real life experience fans enjoy while watching or playing their favorite sport; while ESPN programming captures the look, sound and excitement of the sports they follow. Together, we believe we can significantly grow the interactive sports category.

Seriously, who do they think they are kidding?? Knocking off competition, and creating a monopoly will benefit the gamers? I will never buy another EA sports title, even if this means I' m playing Disney soccer for the rest of my life!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 18, 2005 09:57
I definitely agree with most everyone else in the fact that EA has done everything to establish their monopoly.

They had better put out one he** of an awesome set of games this next time around, or the ' gamers' will speak with their pocketbooks! EA has basically put all their eggs in one basket...and if their efforts are fruitless, they will go down quicker than the Titanic did.

As for ESPN selling their rights to EA...thanks for nothing ESPN!!! We gamers supported your franchises throughout the years, and this is how you repay us!!!

Well, as I said before, you better have awesome franchise games lined up...

...and none of that EA re-hash cr**!!!

< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 1/18/2005 3:28:29 PM >
Terry Bogard

RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 18, 2005 12:05
NO company should be allowed to have this much control and wield this kind of influence..
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 18, 2005 16:34
I' m waiting for EA to wack the price of Madden (or whatever they' ll call it now they' re getting rid of old John) up to $60. I give them two years.
Mass X

RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 18, 2005 19:56
I know what Sega needs to do....bring back the Mutant League. Remember those games?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 18, 2005 20:34
That was EA I believe.
Mass X

RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 18, 2005 20:37
O bloody hell yer right....
Terry Bogard

RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 18, 2005 20:48
I can' t wait till EA buys the exclusive rights to the Earth and the Moon and they' re the only ones who can create games that take place anywhere on Earth.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: ESPN YOU WHORES!!! - Jan 28, 2005 07:54

I can' t wait till EA buys the exclusive rights to the Earth and the Moon and they' re the only ones who can create games that take place anywhere on Earth.

Good point - wonder how much that' ll cost them... (LOL!!!)

I just purchased ESPN NFL 2K5, ESPN NHL 2K5, and ESPN NBA 2K5. Oh yeah, I only paid $35 for these three titles! Now, that' s awesome!!!

All I need now is the ESPN MLB to be released this spring and a good golf game - not produced by EA - and I will have my sports titles.

I said that I was not going to buy any of the junky EA stuff.

And I kept my word...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message