Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Problems you' re surprised still exist.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Problems you' re surprised still exist. - Aug 24, 2004 18:36
Spawn camping.

Gamers hate it, developers hear about it it constantly. I honestly don' t see why spawn camping hasn' t been 100% eradicated by now. Allowing for something as simple as temporary invincibility (granted you don' t shot your weapon) would have solved this problem literally a decade ago. But developers don' t seem to put as much effort into fixing the problem as I think they could. There' s been enough apathy over the years to assume some developers even like the idea of spawn camping and purposely allow it to happen.

What are some other aspects of the industry you think would have been fixed (or better) by now?
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Problems you' re surprised still exist. - Aug 24, 2004 18:40
The " catch-up" phenomenon still found in many sports and racing games.

It' s most prevalent in a game like Madden 2004, where it sometimes doesn' t even matter what you do in the last two minutes of each half; the other team is GOING to move the ball if they' re on offense. It doesn' t even seem to matter if you' re playing as an all-star team and your opponent is some crappy European league team.

It was an arcade development that allowed the game to remain competitive, even for great players. But nowadays, they have no place in simulations simply because it' s not realistic. Just because you' re behind by a lot, in whatever sport, doesn' t mean you can magically start to come back when time starts to run out.

Fix it, and fix it NOW. It' s horrifically annoying.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Problems you' re surprised still exist. - Aug 24, 2004 19:07
Pop-ups!!!

Why do we still have scenery pop-up in next-gen games that attempt to display great distances?

whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Problems you' re surprised still exist. - Aug 24, 2004 19:07
3D cameras are still a bit sucky.

They have come a long way but still too often am I left unable to see something vital because the camera refuses to look where I want it to look.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Problems you' re surprised still exist. - Aug 25, 2004 13:37
Sim driving. ;)

That' s a problem that appeared out of nowhere during the 32-bit era and continues to grow.

Need more arcade styled racers with exaggerated speeds instead of being inundated with so-called driving sims traveling at school zone speeds and requiring constant tune-ups on the cars. Eradicate them now!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 8/25/2004 1:48:04 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message