Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DS exceeds 50m
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
DS exceeds 50m - Oct 04, 2007 05:56

Set the Wayback Machine for travel to Fall 2004, and tell yourself the Nintendo DS will have sold 50 million units worldwide in three years. In addition to causing a universe-destroying paradox, you' ll probably also be called a liar by yourself, which would suck almost as much. But, it' s a fact: Tech.co.uk reports (via PC World) that the Nintendo DS has surpassed 50 million units worldwide.
For some perspective, it took 16 years for Nintendo to sell 119 million Game Boys worldwide. If the DS continues to sell at this pace, it' ll reach that number in less than half the time. The PlayStation 2, while we' re counting, reached the 100 million mark in five and a half years.

The PSP, meanwhile, has sold 25 million units worldwide, which would be a more than respectable number if it weren' t for Nintendo' s little giant making all competition nearly look meaningless in comparison. With 20 million sales coming from Japan alone, that means 1 in 6 people in the country have a Nintendo DS. That is the definition of ubiquitous.

DS is the best gaming system of late IMO. Loads of quality titles (if you actually know the scene) that range in vastly different genres: MK:DS, NSMB, Dragon Quest Heroes, Children of Mana, elite Beat agents, Animal Crossing DS, trauma Centre, Hotel dusk, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Taiko No Tatsujin, Advanced wars, Bomberman DS, Harvest Moon and now Phantom Hourglass (what a game), plus many more are some of the best games ive played. thing is, the system has still[ got alot to give..

whatever the haters, fanboys got to say, (in all fairness i only really se them on this forum) DS is no doubt, a gaming milestone.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll