Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sid Meier' s Pirates! To Plunder XBOX!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Sid Meier' s Pirates! To Plunder XBOX! - Aug 17, 2004 16:57
For anyone who remembers the Genesis title called Pirates!, the announcement that a 3D version of this classic, made by the original developer, is expected to hit XBOX shores in the forseeable future!

Ah, to defeat and plunder everything from sloops to those Spanish galleons. I remember being quite the swashbuckler...

The Pirates of the Caribbean tried to capture the essence of pirating, but simply fell on its face. Pirates!, as played on the Genesis, kept things as they should have been...a sword fight to take over command of your first ship, ship-to-ship and ship-to-fort combat, land-based exploration and plundering, loyalties to the various colonial powers, fleet building, and historical accuracy (using history to determine placement of the really valuable treasures - such as Spanish Galleons!).

Check out the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/13/news_6104778.aspx
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Sid Meier' s Pirates! To Plunder XBOX! - Aug 17, 2004 21:17
Ahoy ye blubbering mongrels, ye and your buckos had better astart savin' up on doubloons, ya hear? Argghhhh!!!!!!

Ive known about this for a while, and though ive never played the first game, i may give this one a try since it has the name ' ' Sid Meier' ' attached to it. Amazing what a name can do eh?
< Message edited by jabronibasher -- 8/17/2004 10:44:52 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message