Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PC' s: best games machine on the planet
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 69
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 01:53
I have to agree, overall

Who and when are you planning to upgrade your PC' s?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 02:12
And Gamer.tv also says that the Wii is the best console.
Hardcore PC gaming is for most people an expensive hobby. I think most of you know what I have said in the past about PC gaming. I do not dispute that the PC is at the forefront of gaming, however the average person on the street is not going to keep paying £100+ every 6 months or so to keep up with the increasing need to be able to play the latest PC game, when they can pay the same price for the software (Having already bought the hardware of course,) and play what is virtually the same game without the added expense of additional memory, video card and sound card.

I know the likes of Evil Man will come back with some kind of insult, however not everyone is at his income level (whatever that maybe but for all the equipment he has it must be good.) I am not moaning about price as it doesn' t bother me either, however like I say it would to the average man on the street.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 02:19
I think their judgement is regardless of the price.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 02:31

I think their judgement is regardless of the price.

Naturally, because if price were a factor it would not be best, as you can get a similar experience for much less with this gen of consoles.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 02:35
PC' s sadly have few games I want to play.
And I think it' s more fun to play console games where everyone can play with the same hardware perfomance level.
And even though I like games, the costs of keeping a PC up to date is simply too much. I have ZERO interest in tuning my rig so no thanks.
Okami, FFXII, and Zelda TP were recently released on hardware extremely inferior to the latest PC' s. If I had to choose between those games or the PC games with better graphics that are out, I' d choose my beloved console games.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 06:34

Okami, FFXII, and Zelda TP were recently released on hardware extremely inferior to the latest PC' s. If I had to choose between those games or the PC games with better graphics that are out, I' d choose my beloved console games.

Hear, HEAR!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 07:22
" If I had to choose between those games or the PC games with better graphics that are out, I' d choose my beloved console games"

Sometimes I think pc pureists are just after complete performance from their rig, instead of playing games for the fun, they use it as a medium to test their machines. Crysis is a great example, a pure tech show case with nothing interesting besides the textures,lighting and what not.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 2 Apr 07 23:23:04 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 07:45
I wouldn' t say its the best, but it' s always the better looking one, especially this generation, X360/PS3 can' t match the graphics a good PC, and the difference will only get larger when DX10 games come out.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 2 Apr 07 23:45:42 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 08:00

Sometimes I think pc pureists are just after complete performance from their rig, instead of playing games for the fun, they use it as a medium to test their machines.

ask me !! i always try to test my machine even if i don' t give a damn about the game, still there some games that are really good on PC. i guess overall consoles are away better in delivering a serious/fun experience, zelda, final fantasy, metal gear, okami, god of war, shadow of colossus and so many other game that i you can play ONLY on consoles, only is the key word here .

as a side note, it really depends on which console we' re talking about...
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 08:07
Consoles bring the best out of developers, they need to write tight code to get the ultimate game. PCs allow sloppiness, if something runs a bit slow, developers just slap on a higher spec required. Coupled with the fact that a console can still play a top game produced in a few years time without upgrade overall means it is a better games machine in the real world. However a PC will always blow a console away with a full-on rig money-no-object.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 08:38
Coincidently I just watched ‘the Gadget show’ which done a series of tests to find out which was the ultimate gaming machine.

PC came out on top on most Accounts: Graphics, Gameplay, Connectivity, Game types, online play, hardcore gaming.

It was a good watch.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 09:11
I' ll always need both my PC and console fix.

PCs dont have to be expensive if you know where to look. And cos of the lack of proprietary hardware, the games are actually cheaper. I tend to find games that are better looking, more technical and more experimental. New ideas and freedom of content.

But you' ll never get those supremely polished, high-budget experiences that you can play from the comfort of a sofa from a PC. Consoles are where the fun' s at! Simple machines that just allow you to play. Games that actually change culture. Consoles are awesome.

Kinda expensive maintaining both though!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 10:54
Couldn' t agree more! IMO the PC IS the pinnacle of gaming!!

Though i must admit games that there aren' t many games coming out now and the future that really have me excited to build myself a new PC gaming rig.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 12:45

Who and when are you planning to upgrade your PC' s?

PC gaming is the Elite platform. The only ones who would argue are the people who can' t afford it. The truth is however there are some game types that don' t work very well on PC, which is why I still need at least one console to get the full range of games.

I bought my first computer last August. I bought a mediocre videocard with the intention of buying a DX10 card later this year.

Sonata II
AM2 X2 4600+ (2.6Ghz)
M2N32-SLI
2GB OCZ 6400
7600gt
X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card
320GB Seagate 7200.10

I want to buy a DX10 card when both ATI and Nvidia release their stuff. I' m glad I didn' t jump on a 8800gtx. Now it looks like the ATI 2900xtx as well as the 8900gtx will be on a 65nm proccess as opposed to the rumored 80nm proccess. Which means higher clock speeds. The 2900xtx in perticular looks fucking awsome. So that' s my next upgrade this summer/fall along with a new power supply. At the end of 2007, I intend to double my RAM and install Vista Premium.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 19:02
My PC is decent enough to play the latest PC games without any major problems, yet I have barely bought any PC games at all.
There aren' t any games I want to play on the PC.
The only thing I see the PC being better at is online play and graphics, two things that really don' t matter much to me.

Why I' m not into PC gaming:
I hate keyboard/mouse setup (except for FPS but then I don' t like FPS that much)
I hate tuning hardware/software
I hate getting patches
I hate optimising configurations
I hate to play against people who has better or worse hardware than me
I hate the size of gaming PC' s
I hate the fact that it' s hard to find a good controller for PC' s and it' s not often a PC game that you can play two player with two controllers in the same room
I hate the games that have problems with certain version of Windows
I hate the usuall PC problems when something just doesn' t work for no obvious reason
I hate people cheating in online games
I hate the fact that you have to install the crap on your harddrive
etc.

But of course, I do love some aspects of PC gaming. Strategy games on the PC are great and online skill-based FPS games like Counter-Strike will always be better on PC' s until mouse/keyboard becomes a standard peripheral for consoles.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 20:00
You don' t get perfect or even good arcade ports on PC, therefore PC' s lose.

Agent Ghost

RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 20:33
Majik you look like an Arcade Port
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 20:57
Can i be Daytona USA?
Agent Ghost

RE: PC' s: best games machine on the planet - Apr 03, 2007 21:00
" Can i be Daytona USA?"