Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo: Online play in 3-4 years
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Nintendo: Online play in 3-4 years - Nov 27, 2004 15:16

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=5666

Comments attributed to Nintendo' s Shigeru Miyamoto in this week' s Famitsu magazine indicate that the company is planning to bring its systems online within a three to four year timescale, with DS leading the way.

Miyamoto, credited as the design genius behind key Nintendo franchises including Zelda and Mario, told the magazine that online gaming will reach the mainstream within three to four years, and that Nintendo will be moving in that direction as a result.

Sony, MS, and various PC devs are ripping the benefits on online gaming now. Even Square' s FFO has been a money tree.

But I guess I shouldn' t be surprised by Nintendo' s arrogance.

However, what ticks me off is instead of Nintendo helping to usher in " mainstream online play" (note the sarcasm) they' re sitting back waiting for other companies to do it for them.

Don' t they realize if they start their online plans in 3 years it may already be too late??? Devs with massive online plans aren' t going to wait for Nintendo to play catch up. And budget tight gamers who' ve already set themselves up with Sony/MS may look at Nintendo and just say there isn' t any more room.

Perhaps Nintendo is becoming too stubborn for their own good?!?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll