Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anyone got crackdown yet?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 21, 2007 06:32
If anyones got it, how is it? It appears i wont be getting it till tomorrow
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 21, 2007 13:31
Was going to get it, but due to work and money constraints I gotta wait a week.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 21, 2007 17:03
I got the game yesterday, which was a nice surprise as it' s not out until Friday over here.

The game is fantastic fun, especially performing giant leaps after upgrading your agility by collecting the agility orbs littered across rooftops. The shooting and driving are executed to a better then average degree and the graphics may be average, but they do have an appealing art style.

My only real concern with the game is that at the moment, due to the mobility of my agent I' m under utilizing vehicles ( I want cars with guns on them, NOW damnit) and the games generals are all really just the same as one another, just with different weapons and differing amounts of health, the game certainly would have benefited from more variety in these fights. For instance why is their no rouge agent who possess all the same superhuman skills as you that you must face off against.

Despite of these niggles, I' m happy with my purchase.
< Message edited by Calintz -- 21 Feb 07 9:03:49 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 21, 2007 17:21
I should have it tomorrow, but i' ve been playing the demo non-stop. At first i wasn' t very impressed and figured it was just another GTA clone like Saints Row but the game has seriously seriously grown on me.

The demo is probably the best demo available too which is nice, and you can to experience a fair variety of stuff which is cool.

I' ve come across members of a 2nd gang in the demo that carry different weapons. I like the fact that everything is very random, ...it should offer a decent amount of replay value.

I want to see a Marvel game use the engine. That would kick ass!
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 22, 2007 22:26
Nope. think i' ll pass on this but then again i don' t have a 360. I don' t plan on getting one anytime soon.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 23, 2007 05:23
For future reference if you dont have anything to add, dont post.

When should you get yours Brandon?

Im on the second gang, I like it, I just wish there were more enterable buildings.

Anyone want to Co-op Im: " New Era Blood"
the_shadowwolf

RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 27, 2007 01:45

Alright.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 27, 2007 13:50

I' m not quite clear what you mean. I' m a bit slow when it comes to forum etiquette. Would a post like this be a no no ?
Nitro

RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 27, 2007 16:56

ORIGINAL: Avarice

I' m not quite clear what you mean. I' m a bit slow when it comes to forum etiquette. Would a post like this be a no no ?

Just stay on topic.

I' ve completed the game and maxed out agility, strength and explosives but for some reason i haven' t maxed out firearms yet and while i love the way the cars handle it' s much more fun to just bound along jumping from building to building.

I thought the achievements for climbing the agency tower and then jumping off off it into the water were cool. The drop was actually further than i' d thought. I went and did it again straight after...

The game is graphically stunning even though you can' t really see it in screenshots. I' m super impressed with the lighting and the main character model. I keep positioning him next to a wall so that i can check out his armour. The visual style definitely works!

The other thing that has impressed me is that not only is the framerate extremely solid, never dropping, ...but there' s no ingame loading. That' s made even more impressive by the fact that the only load is when you first start the game and even then it' s less than 15 seconds. I figured the game would load each area, or at least each island, ...but nope, the entire gameworld streams flawlessly.

It' s repetitive, but there are enough things to do and you never feel bored. The bosses don' t put up much of a fight but i suppose the hard part is supposed to be getting to them.

The weapons kick ass although i haven' t actually collected them all. As soon as i got the light [heavy] machine gun i didn' t really bother with anything else apart from the Hothead rocket launcher.

The game' s controls are sublime. It' s easily one of the best platform games i' ve ever played!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 27, 2007 20:15
Getting this tomorrow!!! YES!!!

Co-op all the way baby!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 27, 2007 20:35
Great mini review there Nitro, I was going to give this game a miss for a while, but I will pick it up just for the sheer hell of it. I thought the demo was ok, but was worried about it being a saints row rip off at first. The edge review giving it 8 out of 10, good for them, also gave me concern. Now intead of worrying about this I am buzzing heheh
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 27, 2007 20:50
Edge gave this game 8/10???

What the? That' s good.

Coming from Edge, an 8/10 means it' s a collection material game. Gears got 8/10
as well if I am not mistaken..
Nitro

RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 27, 2007 20:50
Meh, Saints Row is a mess. I didn' t buy it but i' ve played it. It' s full of bugs, slowdown and poorly implemented mechanics. Crackdown on the otherhand gets everything right, and i still can' t believe that there' s so much going on (tons of pedestrians, cars, rockets flying about, explosions going off etc) and yet the framerate never drops and the game never has to load. It has to be one of the best optimized game i' ve played this gen.

I like the fact that you' re penalized for killing civilians. Not only do you lose experience points if you slaughter innocents but the Peacekeepers target you as well as gang members. That and the ' announcer' reminds you that you' re being a very naughty boy!

It' s a shame there are only cars, vans and trucks and no motorcycles, boats or aircraft as i think they could have added another dimension and probably have made using vehicles more appealing. As it stands, as soon as you' ve leveled up to a 2 star rating or above you can get accross the islands faster than you would driving by taking to the rooftops.

One additional thing i' s like to convey is that the art direction and level design is fantastic. When i first saw footage of the game i wasn' t really impressed but the retail release is outstanding in every area. Ok so the AI is simplistic, the gameplay is repetative and the ending is dumb and predictable, but the game as a whole is easily the most fun i' ve playing a 360 game.

the_shadowwolf

RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 27, 2007 23:32

ORIGINAL: Avarice

quote:

Just stay on topic.

I taught that the_shadowwolf was on topic. Even though one may not have a console or game that doesn' t mean one can' t post opinions. Right? Assuming the original post was for me right... immortaldanmx?
If not I tried to edit the message to delete it, not to cause controversy. But failed.
< Message edited by the_shadowwolf -- 27 Feb 07 15:47:42 >
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 28, 2007 00:00
Got it last friday. Best sanbox game ive ever played.

Im 4 star for everything but driving right now.
Love how the bad guys hold their hands/arm or leg when you shoot it

All this game really needs is motor bikes. Maybe some female playable characters[they might look a bit weird as they get bigger] and maybe some car chases or something when it comes to the bosses. Hopefully Crackdown 2 will have some bad clones running around aswell.
Nitro

RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 28, 2007 00:06
What you posted wasn' t constructive. Just like my post here.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 28, 2007 01:58
I been outspoken for hating GTA telling people to grew up who plays them,even my big bro.

However Crackdown is a killer app.

I do get why it got 8/10,but for us who replay it in co-op and keep fighting the good fight it' s around 15-20 hours long.
Im still maxing out my character.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 28, 2007 02:33
Im 4 star on everything now. Shai Gen is the place to improve
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 28, 2007 06:08
Got it finally, awesome game. Still love the fact you can jump and fire...my favorite feature.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Anyone got crackdown yet? - Feb 28, 2007 09:32

I been outspoken for hating GTA telling people to grew up who plays them,even my big bro.

However Crackdown is a killer app.

I do get why it got 8/10,but for us who replay it in co-op and keep fighting the good fight it' s around 15-20 hours long.
Im still maxing out my character.

Look whos back. Long time no see.

And yes i cant believe anyone would give it an 8. Its like 10 times better than any sucky GTA game. It actually has somewhat of a decent concept to it
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message