Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Master Samus?
ElectronicsJunkie

• Total Posts : 62
Master Samus? - Nov 15, 2004 20:35
In a recent post on a metroid thread, someone brought up a great point. Could Samus Aran be the next Master Chief? I mean, could Samus do for Nintendo what Master Chief did for Xbox? No one will argue that a lot of gamers forego the Gamecube due to Nintendo' s " Family Friendly" reputation. But with this obviously dark and seriously sloppy frag fest that is clearly not for anyone without a shread of pubic hair, could Samus be reviving the more adult crowd' s need for nintendo?
Vincent Cook

• Total Posts : 152
RE: Master Samus? - Nov 16, 2004 18:27
Probably not. Halo is one of the best games of all time. Nothing can even be compared to it. It recieved 10/10 in OXM and for halo 2 10/10. Master Chief is probably the best mascot ever! Wooooo
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Master Samus? - Nov 16, 2004 19:29
I know the thread of which you speak...

The Metroid series has been around for a long time, and if the developers keep moving in the right direction, this series could easily be Nintendo' s version of the Halo series.

I enjoyed the early versions of Metroid, and would love to see the series remain successful.

No one is comparing the Metroid series to the Halo series.

All that was mentioned is that Samus might become, with the proper development, as popular for the GC as MasterChief is for the XBOX. This would result in the big N getting back to selling the numbers of games (and subsequent consoles) that they were known for in their earlier years.

I am currently playing Halo 2 and loving every minute of it!

Either Metroid game (for the GC) has that same potential.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 11/16/2004 7:30:27 PM >
ElectronicsJunkie

RE: Master Samus? - Nov 17, 2004 00:54
Thanks DaRoosh65, that' s exactly what the other person from the other thread said! Haha. But yeah, I agree, with the right direction choices on the part of Nintendo, Metroid could become the Gamecube Halo.
What' s your favorite Metroid game? Excluding Prime or Prime 2.
Vincent Cook

RE: Master Samus? - Nov 17, 2004 05:31
Oh sorry. I know what you mean know. Yeah Samus games are good. It depends if Nintendo bring out another Mario game. I think at the moment Mario is the master chief comparison. If nintendo doesn' t bring one out for some time i believe Samus could do it for them!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Master Samus? - Nov 17, 2004 11:35
I must say that the original Metroid holds a special place in my all-time gaming favorites spot.

I was nearly finished with the first Metroid, when I read in a gaming magazine that Samus was a woman. I thought that was so cool...considering there weren' t many female main characters at the time that looked and performed so well (as Samus).

I spent many an hour playing and re-playing that first Metroid game...

Which, outside of Prime & Prime 2, is your favorite?
Vincent Cook

RE: Master Samus? - Nov 17, 2004 15:13
Prime 2
ElectronicsJunkie

RE: Master Samus? - Nov 17, 2004 15:51
Outside of the Primes, I' d have to go with either Metroid, or Metroid: Zero Mission. Both are the same thing, with different graphics. But you can' t beat the original. As skeptical as I was with Fusion, I had to buy it. I mean, she' s half metroid now, and no more bulky metal suit. Her suit is practucally fully organic. Granted that this brings a whole new level of freakish cool intrigue, so I would like to see a Fusion 2. Anyone hear anything about plans for Fusion 2? If they' re planning on making a new fusion I can' t wait.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll