Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 57
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 04, 2007 18:37
There have been rumblings about this for a few weeks now with nothing but a listing on Gamestops website to support it, ...but, according to people who have the latest issue of Famitsu it' s mentioned in an article about Umbrella Chronicles.

It' s supposedly going to be an overhaul of the Gamecube Nintendo version with the added PS2 extras, 480p and true 16:9 support, and Wiimote aiming and knife slashing.

That would be good news.

However, Umbrella Chronicles is said to be an on-the-rails Gun Survivor-esque (first person) blaster with pre-rendered animated backgrounds and high poly enemy models.

This is the 2nd page of the article as the 1st is waaay to blurry...

Now, the RE4 remake would/will be amazing, especially if they nail the controls and up the texture resolution and release it at a cut price, ...but Umbrella Chronicles could be hit or miss.

I was initially disappointed when i started typing this post but the more i think about it the better it seems, especially if they go all out on the backgrounds. On-the-rails is always a bit meh, but i adore the House of the Dead and Time Crisis games so hopefully it' s be like a super-pretty House of the Dead with quick time events!

As far as i can tell the different characters in Umbrella Chronicles (Chris, Jill, Rebecca, Wesker etc) have different abilities and different weapons. I guess we' ll see.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 4 Apr 07 10:37:47 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 04, 2007 20:33
RE4 Wii = Awesome
REUC --> on-the-rails-shooter = Bad
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 04, 2007 21:14
Resident Evil 4 on Wii should be fantastic. The targeting system should fit the remote like a glove, and I' ll be buying it purely for this addition.

Umbrella Chronicles on the other hand I' m a bit dubious about, but also equally intrigued at the same time.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 04, 2007 21:53
Wii people gets A remake of Resident evil 4 with some small extras. Most of whom have played the game before.

Ps3/360 people get Resient evil 5.

Hardly fair.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 4 Apr 07 14:42:49 >
Nitro

RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 04, 2007 21:54
Upon closer inspection, the backdrops actually appear to be 3 dimensional rather than pre-rendered.

I say that because...

...unless the images have been really poorly compressed... ^^^that^^^ ...is aliasing.

Also, the cutscenes might seem to be CG, but if you look closely you can make out sharp edges on the characters arms which means that they' re most likely realtime like those in RE4 but of a much higher quality.

This could actually be a great technical showcase for the platform.
Nitro

RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 04, 2007 22:57
Ok, this is progressing really quickly.

The backgrounds in Umbrella Chronicles are 100% definitely 3D meaning it' s likely there will be some sort of free movement. Whether that means you' ll be able to turn properly or not or even move about the environment is still unclear. What we do know is that...

...visually it looks awesome.

Then, we have the RE4 remake which looks [graphically] extremely close to the Gamecube version...

...but appears to have marginally improved textures.

Note that Wiimote aiming is definitely in as there is now an onscreen crosshair, whereas in RE4 there has only ever been the laser sight.

Yay!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 05, 2007 02:21
Since I generally love on-the-rails games more than free-roaming games, I' m good on both ends :D..
ginjirou

RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 05, 2007 03:18
Why did Luis have to die! He was cool.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 05, 2007 07:03
OMG! You spoilz teh ending of a 3 year old gameeee. KNOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!

Sorry guys, been slogging around the Xbox.com forums.

Very cool RE4 remake. As I never bought the original, (just had it on loan for uh.... about 5 months) I' d definately get this when it comes Wiitime.

Umbrella Chronicles is like Nitro said, going to be a hit-or-miss. I' m not sure I' d pay $50 for an on-the-rails shooter, not anymore at least, but I suppose I have to have faith.
Nitro

RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 05, 2007 17:35
Is it odd that this one game [the RE4 redux] would make me buy the console?

I have the Gamecube Nintendo, Playstation 2 and PC versions already...

ginjirou

RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 05, 2007 18:21

PC versions already

What!? So how was that version anyway? The screenshots you showed a while ago looked terrible.
Nitro

RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 05, 2007 18:26

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

PC versions already

What!? So how was that version anyway? The screenshots you showed a while ago looked terrible.

Gimme a minute...
ginjirou

RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 05, 2007 18:44
Dude, I don' t know what a minute is to you but...
Nitro

RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 05, 2007 18:57

Some areas look fine and others look terrible. They really should have upped the texture resolution and added proper bloom lighting because the game lacks the atmosphere it has in the console versions. The murky, grainy visuals in the Gamecube and PS2 versions add more than you' d realize.

That said, i only have the PC version so i can play the Mercenaries mode while i' m away. I' ve played through the main game on PC and Separate Ways and the indoor areas [for the most part] don' t really look that bad at all.

It' s not really worth getting if you have the console versions though.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 5 Apr 07 10:58:30 >
ginjirou

RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 05, 2007 19:04
Ok, thanks.
I was planning to get it today, but after reading your post I think I' ll use my money for something else since I have the GCN and PS2 versions.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 06, 2007 00:32
LOL i was watching an ebay sale of 3 Resident Evil games for GC which included RE4 (can' t remember the other 2 RE games). Unfortunately i forgot to log in on time and it went for real cheap, like AUS$46 which is around US$25-30. Now its getting a remake with Wii controls i' m glad i missed out!!! I would much perfer playing a game like this with Wii controls.

I do hope they can add a bit of polish so that its not just Wiimote controls added but a few graphical enhancements plus extra content. That would be nice. Especially if there going to charge full price for an old game.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 06, 2007 04:50
Eeeesh! The character models look decent enough, but the textures on the environments are really really shugly.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 06, 2007 16:40
Used socks.
Nitro

RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 07, 2007 02:11
30 second teaser

I' m unconvinced.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: RE4 to be re-released on Wii - Sigma stylee! / More on Umbrella Chronicles! - Apr 07, 2007 03:22
Looks crap. My hopes wherent very high to begin with anyway.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 57

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message