Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 09, 2006 12:17
Hello everyone i thought this was funny i work for best buy and not sure what made them do this but get a load of this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7858605&type=product&id=1142300188021

apparently you can actually pre-order FF7 on the PS3 even though the game hasn' t even been officially announced to be anywhere near in production.

you can also apparently pre-order Wii games with no price and date even set yet which is funny.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat92300050001
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 09, 2006 16:02
FF7 was a tech demo,when will some get that?
Its not gonna come.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 09, 2006 18:51
You WILL play FFVII on the PS3!

The backwards compatibility thing... making the original playable on the PS3.
That' s good .
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 10, 2006 05:53
It' d be great if they actually had something confirmed, and the industry was just lying to us... again. But I' m not gonna get my hopes up.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 10, 2006 05:57
I wouldn' t want them to remake it anyway. It' d be a different director (and team most probably) and there would be the chance that they' d f**k it up.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 10, 2006 06:33
They could fix the flaws that where present in the orginall. Think of it that way.
QuezcatoL

RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 10, 2006 06:42
And those flaws was?

Silentbomber

RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 10, 2006 06:56
ps1 wasnt very powerfull, the new strength of the next gen consoles allow for greater cinimatics and graphics, they allowed for more enemies on screen not limited by hardware, the voice acting would be nice too eh?, Think how FF:advent Children would rock as a Game, but call it FF7.

maybe online battleing?
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 9 Jun 06 22:56:22 >
Phoenixxx1974

RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 10, 2006 07:05
yeah and the only real flaw i saw and also read other places was that it was too easy. Which is why they made FF8 so tough.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 10, 2006 07:23

ps1 wasnt very powerfull, the new strength of the next gen consoles allow for greater cinimatics and graphics, they allowed for more enemies on screen not limited by hardware, the voice acting would be nice too eh?, Think how FF:advent Children would rock as a Game, but call it FF7.

maybe online battleing?

Part of why I liked FF7 was because there were no voices and you could imagine your own! Tidus' voice in FFX made my ears bleed! [:' (] Plus the voice acting on the English dubs are invariably awful.

Sure, do a remake for people who haven' t played it and can' t get into the original. But better, Advent Children styled graphics would probably completely change the way FF7 played. You know the bits when Cloud would use his blocky hand to make cool gestures! All that would have to go...
Silentbomber

RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 10, 2006 07:25
ha ha yeah, that made me laugh. too bad he will have fingers this time.
QuezcatoL

RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 10, 2006 19:03
Ps1 wasnt powerful nope,but FF7 used CGI backrounds,that made it look awesome.
The characters looked bad,but not in battle,but it never made me think twice of the awesome graphic n FF7.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 10, 2006 19:27
No offence Phoenix, but I won' t ever be buying from there.

As for Final Fantasy 7, I wish Barret didn' t lose his Mr. T look in Advent Children(I haven' t watched it yet, though). I also liked the blocky graphics. I still loved the fantastic cutscenes, but I just didn' t like the in-game graphics any less.
Silentbomber

RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 10, 2006 23:56
graphics wont a problem this time, what else could they improve? like I said eariler, online play would be nice.
Phoenixxx1974

RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 11, 2006 00:11
i don' t care if you hate best buy i just work there (it' s not a bad job plus they give a GOOD bonus if the store does good every year like $2500 for every full time employee plus good discounts i saved $1700 on a big screen TV and saved like $1000 on cables).

I can understand why peopel may not like it there are some rude people there (not me of course hehe) and sometimes they try and push the sale too much. That is not how i am i just say hi do you ned any help? and if they say no them leave the alone and then if they are still there after a while i say are you doing ok? and then i leave them alone.

I know the most about video games there that i know they call me the expert and come to me EVERYTIME they have a gaming question so i just thought it was funny they have a game for sale that doesn' t even exist (yet we all know there will most likely be one ESPECIALLY if the PS3 doesn' t sell well to try and pick up sales.)

I am totally for the Wii i always knew Nintendo would make a come back :-)
Phoenixxx1974

RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 11, 2006 00:14
hey if you play FF7 on the PS2 with component cables it really rings out the visual stubble. It' s all grainy and stuff. I was liek wow i thought thise looked great back then but because of the feed the composite video was somewhat blurred to make it so that you can see the grainy look. try it out
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 11, 2006 01:05
I on the other hand happen to love Best Buy, even more than Phoenixxx1974 does!

I just try my best not to eavesdrop anymore on conversations between Best Buy employees and unknowledgeable customers cause the last time I heard one Best Buy guy telling a customer that CD Audio was compressed and that when ripped to a computer as an MP3 the sound is no longer compressed and sounds better, I damn near FELL through the shelf in laughter. I hurried the hell out of that aisle cause I just had to get the hell out of there!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 12 Jun 06 16:28:46 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 11, 2006 01:21
the Best Buy around my place is a real mixed bag, they' ve got a couple guys who work there who really do know what they' re talking about, they' re nice, and don' t try to push the sale. A few middle aged women who are just trying to make ends meet, but really don' t know much about electronics, and then there' s the fresh out of sophmore year teenage idiots who make real fools of themselves.
I was there when one of the kids was bragging about running ps2 disks on his playstation. This was just after the ps2 launch, when the whole country was searching for them, and the select few who had them were bragging. He had the shock of his life when someone about a head shorter than him with red hair came up out of nowhere and started contradicting him. I couldn' t help it, it just needed doing.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: best buy listing Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Wii games for pre-order - Jun 11, 2006 05:37
Just for the record, Phoenix, I never said I hated Best Buy.

I' ve only ever played Final Fantasy 7 on my PS2, seeing as my dad' s Playstation(and every Playstation game he owns for it) is in America(along with my SNES and N64). I' m not one to care that much about the graphics, but one thing in particular that strikes me is the fact that Cloud is missing one of his shoulders(and I love it when the characters wave at the screen)- but that dissapears in the cutscenes and battles.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll