Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 05, 2004 17:54
I have to admit, I dislike Sony and love Nintendo BUT I' d snag a PSP at a faster rate than I would the Nintendo DS.

While I' m no specs freak when it comes to game consoles, handhelds are another story and I love me some power in the little units - which is why I never owned a regular Gameboy and went straight to the Nomad and Gameboy Advance instead!

In a nutshell, the PSP just sounds like it packs quite a wallop. I love the dual screen idea of the Nintendo unit but from reading the specs and the potential media format, it seems as if Nintendo still hasn' t learned a thing. I' ll get one indeed, but I' m really itchin to get my hands on the PSP first.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 05, 2004 18:49
I really think the PSP is looking great and I agree I want to have a handheld with some power. I really haven' t seen that much on either handheld but as they come closer to release I' ll really be checking them out. I just need to find some money to get one. Any idea what the estimated prices are for each?
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 06, 2004 00:27
I haven' t heard much on the DS so I' m looking more forward to the PSP (that may change though). The dual screen idea for Nintendo' s handheld seems pretty gimmicky to me, will it really make the games any more enjoyable? I' m hoping it will but I don' t see it happening.

As for the prices, I think it' s a little to early to tell. There are rumors going around that the PSP will cost up to $400 (American) but that doesn' t sound beleivable to me. Sony is saying that the price will be comparable to that of the GBA SP. I haven' t heard anything on the price range on the DS yet.

Oh right, back to the question. I' d get PSP if they where both released now... but from reading the post you probably already gathered that.
< Message edited by CapnCrunch311 -- 4/6/2004 12:35:17 AM >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 06, 2004 03:26
hmm at this point really...I dont have a clue, the stuff leaked about PSP sound pretty impressive and i havent heard much about nintendos. So until theres som emore layed out specs, clueless. The PSP game death jr. looks pretty impressive, but the handheld seems like itll be a bit pricy just byy what it looks like.

I guess it' ll all depend on what i get for the money, since nintendo seems to run cheaper and have decent quality for the price. But ya never know.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 06, 2004 11:10
PSP is going to be an unnetrly fantastic (and quite expensive) piece of kit that you are GOING TO BUY because you will HAVE to have one.

DS we still know next to nothing about... but it' s not going to be like the above. Most conspiracy theorists say DS was just a direct reaction to PSP, with Nintendo finally shaken that somebody is rivalling its dominance in the marketplace for selling basic handheld kit at massive profit.

It will be interesting and I can' t wait to see what Nintendo has up its sleeve at E3 with the DS.
Yojimbo

• Total Posts : 2
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 06, 2004 12:02
Leaving the Specs & game argument out (Which PSP would win, im sure of) I wouldnt buy the Nintendo DS because of Nintendos image. I think even today it still has that kind of Happy, childish soft image, whereas Sony has the image of new technology and is seen as very " cool" thats one reason why PS2 beat XBox, Xbox has better games than the ps2 and the multiformat games are always better on XBox fact! but xbox is seen as huge pc wannabe computer, and ps2 is seen as a sleek " cool" console.
Rampage99

RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 06, 2004 15:52
MS has mentioned about hopping into the handheld market but only tidbits have been said in interviews and nothing really even close to definate has been said.
Terry Bogard

RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 06, 2004 16:55
If Nintendo would just give in and adopt a disc based medium for their DS handheld AND spruce up the specs a bit so it falls somewhere in between the N64 and the GameCube - like the PSP falls in between the PSone and PS2 - then I' d definitely be looking forward to it more than the PSP.

But from the tidbits and rumors I' ve read, which of course aren' t 110% confirmed, the Nintendo DS is supposedly going to offer power UP to N64 levels.

If the PSP can truly do the 33 million polygons I' ve read about (which is half of what the PS2 can do flatshaded) then there' s simply going to be too much juice flowing in the PSP for the DS to handle on the audio and visual side of things. Fortunately, gameplay ranks high above everything else and is something both units will have an abundance of in their games!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 06, 2004 18:36
Heheh PSP does seem like somin every1 will have to have. Its hard to find som1 w/o a sony product of som sort (TV, cd/mp3 player,console,etc).

But shown in gaming history most consoles are surpassed by the new guy in the industry (nintendo>sega>sony>this gen is a bit iffy). Maybe sony will continue the tradition as it enters the handhelds.

And if MS eventually does somin of the sort its gonna be som serious deja vu. Nintendo v. Sony v. MS.
Rampage99

RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 06, 2004 19:09
Let' s not forget the N-Gage 2
Terry Bogard

RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 06, 2004 19:11
Actually the correct term would be- " LET' s FORGET THE N-GAGE 2" ;)

Since the original has been forgotten, why on Earth, Venus, and Mars would they bother with another attempt at the N-Gage?
Rampage99

RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 06, 2004 19:14
LMAO! Nice.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Apr 06, 2004 20:07
lol, good one. i think both have great ideas, although PSP looks best right now, seems more powerful. DS has the dual screen thing which is also very creative. PSP wins(imo)
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Aug 27, 2004 01:31
am going to get a ds no matter what any one or you say am going to get the ds. nothing will stop me hahahahahahaha
< Message edited by vanswa garbutt -- 8/27/2004 7:01:50 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Aug 27, 2004 02:26
Do I have to buy either? I think I will buy neither.
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Aug 27, 2004 03:31
no one has to get one if they dont want to ok
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Aug 27, 2004 03:34
It' s analog stick > D-pad for me.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Sep 02, 2004 16:47
I would get the Nintendo DS. I love Nintendo. Oh but I also love Playstation. Nintendo DS because they have way more experience with handhelds they also never have disapointed. Also because the DS can handle a lot more games because of it' s backwards capabilities. The duel screen sounds wierd but at the same time you can' t help but wonder how good it will be. It also might be cheaper then a PSP and if you dont get a game with it. You already have some GBA games or GBC or GB games that you were going to replay anyways.
FlamingCherub

• Total Posts : 7
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Sep 03, 2004 20:05
I' d get the DS. I have no interest in the PSP at all.
In the beginning, I thought the PSP looked much better from a visual standpoint,but now that they have their final looks, I prefer the DS visually as well.

I think the disk format Sony chose was a mistake, I think the PSP will be too expensive, and I think most of the PSP' s games won' t be innovative at all.
Why would I pay money to buy a movie in their disk format to watch on the go, when I already bought the same movie on DVD? And portable DVD players are already cheaper than the PSP. I' m also put off by the short battery life of the PSP.

Nintendo knows exactly what they' re doing, and just because they chose cartridges does not mean that they' re making a mistake.
Handhelds using carts is nothing negative.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: If the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS were released NOW which would you buy first? - Sep 04, 2004 18:36
I would buy the DS, I think being dual-screen is very creative, plus, as someone posted, Nintendo has more experience in handheld. I do' nt tink I' ve ever heard of a Sony handheld before, even if any were released.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message