Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Apple news.
PeyloW

• Total Posts : 64
Apple news. - Jun 25, 2003 21:01
Is it only Apple-zealots like myself that has noticed that Apple has revealed the fasted personal computer ever at WWDC?

Like all companies do, some of it is PR and bending the truth. But however you look at it, the spec are amazing. Oh well... Iam back to drooling over http://www.apple.com/powermac/
Is it true that you can get paid to let surgery students test their skills on you?
Not that anyone can claim Apple are expencive any more. The PowerMac G5 is faster then a 3GHz Dual Xeon and still cost less :).

But I think that the new vesrion of Mac OS X is what makes me drool the most. I would like to quote Steve Jobs from his presentation, I write this from memory and it was quite long so you must forgive me if it is not 100% accurate: " It would be sportsman like of us to wait for our competition [microsoft Windows] to catch up with 10.2 released last year, but they have let us know that their release has slipped from 2004 to 2005, and some speaks of 2005. We like to be fair to our users not our competition so now I will present some of the over 100 new features of 10.3 that will be available before the end of this year." (In brackets is my own clarification, in case you could not guess :) )

And it is quite true, so far the list of features Microsoft has slipped of Longhorn (Hardware accelerated UI, fast search filesystem etc etc) are all features that Apple user had for years.
More about it at http://www.apple.com/macosx/panther/ I have even heard *cough* that the developer release has leaked onto the web.
< Message edited by peylow -- 6/25/2003 9:02:17 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message