Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wings Of War Released Today, In Stores Tomorrow...
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Wings Of War Released Today, In Stores Tomorrow... - Sep 01, 2004 02:17
I love nostalgia...bi-plane warfare brings me back to the days when airplanes flew more slowly, but could turn on a dime.

This great game is expected to be $20 (Gamestop has quoted $25), and is due in stores on 01 September 2004.

For more information on this great game, I have pasted more information below:

Gathering today announced that it will be publishing a World War I aerial combat sim for the Xbox and PC titled Wings of War. Developed by Silver Wish Games, the game will feature arcade-style action and control and will include more than 25 Allied and German planes. It is scheduled for release this fall with a retail price of $19.99.

Not all of the time in Wings of War will be spent in the air, as some of the 70-plus stages require players to take the controls of antiaircraft guns mounted on boats and trains. Players will also be able to take on side missions and accept duels, the completion of which will allow for various upgrades for their aircraft. While no Xbox Live support was announced, the PC version will let players take dogfights and duels online.

Wings of War will be one of the few WWI flight sims available when it is released this fall. Check GameSpot for more information on Wings of War as it becomes available.

By Benjamin Golze, GameSpot
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Wings Of War Released Today, In Stores Tomorrow... - Sep 01, 2004 04:31
Wings of Wor for the Sega Genesis was released more than 10 years ago! Did they release it again today in some sort of retro-craziness move? I don' t blame them. It' s a great shooter!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Wings Of War Released Today, In Stores Tomorrow... - Sep 01, 2004 12:05
No, Joe, it is not a re-release of the Sega Genesis title...but it IS a bi-plane combat game.

There was an update to the release of this game...and here it is...

WINGS OF WAR SAYS TALLY-HO TO PC AND XBOX

Take-Two reveals new WWI plane shooter. And flies in new Xbox screens too

12:54 Dog-fighting can make for a spiffin' good gaming time - as Microsoft' s Crimson Skies proved - and Take-Two' s Gathering label is the latest to announce a WWI sky-bound shooter.
Due out this Autumn and developed by Illusion Softworks' Mafia team, Wings of War features more than 25 authentic Allied and German aircraft as players take to the skies to recreate the famous aerial battles of yore.

As well as engaging in bombing runs, dogfights and duels with bitter rivals, there will also be options for controlling anti-aircraft guns mounted on trains, zeppelins, boats and a whole host of other unannounced vehicles. Plus, if you' re a bit of a money-grabbing scoundrel, you can accept all manner of side-quests too.

Sadly, while no Live play has been confirmed for Xbox gamers, the PC version features both online and LAN-based multiplayer battles.

You can check out the latest Xbox screens on this very page.

Stephen Daultrey
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/1/2004 12:40:00 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread