Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New SAM & MAX
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
New SAM & MAX - Feb 13, 2006 19:01
New Sam & Max game is in development and it will be episodic (like Half - Life 2 from now on).

Creator of S&M partnered with some guys and they' re hard at work - I guess that' s great news for more than one persone (me) :)
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: New SAM & MAX - Feb 14, 2006 05:24
Finally, I' ve only been waiting for this for around 6 years. There' s one thing that I still don' t understand about this ordeal though, what was stopping LucasArts from producing one themselves? I suppose the budget for it went toward yet another " Battle of Hoth" level in Jedi Knight MMMCLLLXXXXXIIIIIIQ: Jedi Tax Consultant.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: New SAM & MAX - Feb 14, 2006 05:42
I think the times of games like that are gone - and they know it' s only for the Hardcore fans and won' t sell very well - but maybe it will who knows :)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: New SAM & MAX - Feb 17, 2006 01:03
I dont know why LucasArts stopped making the games, Im still wishing for a new Monkey Island, with 2D graphics, man those were the times!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: New SAM & MAX - Feb 17, 2006 08:35
i think that if there was to be any success for something as offbeat as a 2d point and click game, in a world of run-and gun fully immersive gameplay, you' d see it on 360 marketplace, or on the revolution, two media bases that could have serious potential with something like that. who else here misses good almost-semi-not-really clean puzzle games like Sam & Max, Indiana Jones Atlantis, and Day of the Tentacle? games that actually had witty and engaging plots. as much as that quirky bastion of weirdness that sam & max is, i believe that the future of these sort of games lies with the independent game developers, & not with big buisness.

W00t for freelance police, why lucasarts? why?
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: New SAM & MAX - Mar 03, 2006 23:28
(Inner Stereotypical Harc0r3 G4m3r jumps out of skull.)
D00D!!!!! OMFG!!! I D0N7 Pl4Y N0 64M3Z 7H47 D0N7 607Z N0 DU4L W13LD 0R N0 734M 5L4Y3R D00D!!!!
(Hardcore von Gamermanjensen jumps back into cranium)

Honestly though, It seems that trifling things like plot, wit, and originality have fallen by the wayside to fund things that make people go WOOOO! SHINY!
Crying shame too.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: New SAM & MAX - Mar 04, 2006 00:34
it' s about time. only, they spent the money on simplifying the starwars galaxies engine, okay, so you can be a jedi, a bounty hunter, or a stormtrooper. what do you mean you want to be something else. of course you dont.

oh hurry up telltale! we want our hyperkinetic rabbity thingy! and a dog too!!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll