Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 04, 2007 18:04
Wing Island (Nintendo / Hudson) 13th April 2007
Chicken Little: Ace in Action (Disney Interactive Studios) 20th April 2007
Cooking Mama Wii (505 Games) April 2007
Elevator Action (505 Games) April 2007
Pop’n Pop (505 Games) April 2007
Heatseeker (Codemasters) April 2007
BIONICLE Heroes (Eidos / TT Games) April 2007
Eledees (Konami) April 2007
Impossible Mission (System 3) April 2007
Mario Strikers Charged Football (Nintendo) 25th May 2007
Brunswick Bowling Wii (505 Games) May 2007
World Championship Poker Featuring Howard Lederer: All In Wii (505 Games) May 2007
Spider-Man The Movie 3 (Activision) May 2007
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (Disney Interactive Studios) May 2007
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Midway) May 2007
Puzzle Balls (System 3) May 2007
Chicken Shoot + Egg Catcher (ZOO Digital Publishing) May 2007
Pangya! Golf with Style (Nintendo) June 2007
Dave Mirra Racing Wii (505 Games) June 2007
Transformers June 2007
Mercury Meltdown Revolution (Ignition) Q2 2007
Metal Slug Anthology (Ignition) Q2 2007

Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 04, 2007 20:12
Pretty Poor line-up.

I expected this with Wii though. Like the DS i bet most of the exciting stuff will surface around a Year after Launch IE December 07 onwards. (hopefully)

Elevator Action

I love my my imported SEGA saturn version. I wonder how this one will be like?
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 4 Apr 07 12:12:57 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 04, 2007 20:31
Oh dear.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 04, 2007 21:09

Pangya! Golf with Style

I' ll have some of that.

Other then than, not too impressive, at least in regards to exclusive titles anyway. But controlling spidey on the Wii, could be a lot of fun.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 04, 2007 22:43
We Imagined it was bad, but the truth, was much Worse.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 05, 2007 01:52
Only thing on that list I can bring myself to give a damn about is Metal Slug Anthology.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 05, 2007 02:16
You are forgetting such gems as Prince of Persia, Mario Galaxy, Mario Party, Trauma Centre and Batallion wars II.

It is rather a poor show, however it seems that Warioware and Rampage have some legs to them.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 05, 2007 02:18
Of which the only one Im interested in is Mario Galaxy.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 05, 2007 07:07
Wow... well... that part of me that was glad I didn' t buy a Wii at launch is getting much much bigger. And people listened when they said they weren' t abandoning the average gamer.[:' (]
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 05, 2007 07:32
This is Nintendo´s fault, some of their firts paty stuff is awesome but is so few, they should invest very very hard in their first party studios, they should hire independant studios to make new IP´s, im so sick and tired of Mario doing everything, how about making a new, not E rated plataformer, or investing in a great first party RPG franchise, Nintendo is doing great in the economy side of things, if the fucking wii is so expensive then invest in more studios, invest in new IP´s.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 05, 2007 08:18
Admittedly the line up is pretty weak, and very few triple AAA titles for the forseeable future. It does bother me, however there i look at it this way. If Nintendo is still selling out WW, and still having difficulty meeting demand why would they release big name AAA titles (like SSB & SM:G etc)? Releasing these titles would result in even more people trying to get the already hard to get Wii, and even more disappointed/complaining customers. Is this a good senario for Nintendo to consider - HELL NO. Releasing console selling games while demand is still high would be a bad business move.
Even on this website there are many here that have delayed buying a Wii till good games come - has this reduced the demand for Wii? Nope - exactly.
When demand dies down then i believe the real AAA titles will hit to help keep demand for the console up which gives third party developers good incentive to develop for the Wii. If you look at it at a business perspective this would be the prudent option to take. As a gamer it admittedly sucks, but there have been a few decent games to pass the time, namely The Godfather which turned out to be a real enjoyable game (though the ps2 graphics was a bummer).
Its only because the Wii is doing so well early in its life that people are singling it out (the 360 had mostly average games early on)

Fernandino, Much of the blame can be attributed to Nintendo, their failure with the GC meant that many developers were unwilling to sign up to develop for the Wii. It only now as the Wii continues to sell well that developers are taking a serious look at the Wii. This does mean that significant third support will be delayed, but should the Wii continue to do well it will come. Remember all the Wii has so far is mostly ps2 ports will ' tacked on' motion sensing. When the real Wii games hit, built from the ground up on Wii hardware, thats when things are going to get interesting.

< Message edited by Terrak -- 5 Apr 07 0:20:35 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 05, 2007 14:36
The games look so bad it almost makes me want to cry. LOL...Wii.
fernandino

RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 05, 2007 18:54

ORIGINAL: Terrak

Fernandino, Much of the blame can be attributed to Nintendo, their failure with the GC meant that many developers were unwilling to sign up to develop for the Wii. It only now as the Wii continues to sell well that developers are taking a serious look at the Wii. This does mean that significant third support will be delayed, but should the Wii continue to do well it will come. Remember all the Wii has so far is mostly ps2 ports will ' tacked on' motion sensing. When the real Wii games hit, built from the ground up on Wii hardware, thats when things are going to get interesting.

What im trying to say is: If Nintendo is doing so great with the combined sales of the DS and the Wii making a significant profit out of both systems, why the Fuck wont they invest in new first party teams that can bring fresh new IP´s???, i mean SONY is in deep shit right now but they are investing very hard in new IP´s like Uncharted, Resistance, 8 Days, White Knight, MotorStorm, Little Big Planet, Heavenly Sword, LAIR, Africa etc and founding develper teams like Factor 5, Ninja Theory, Media Molecule etc, why cant Nintendo do that??? I' d love to see a new IP like Metroid, something like Okami for the wii, something original like ZoE, Medievil, Psychonauts, something like that is what i want from the wii god dammit, its not like a wii title was so fucking expensive to make.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 5 Apr 07 10:57:53 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 05, 2007 19:01

If Nintendo is doing so great with the combined sales of the DS and the Wii making a significant profit out of both systems, why the Fuck wont they invest in new first party teams that can bring fresh new IP´s???,

Because they' re happy as long as they' re making money. They' ll make some cool announcements as soon as the Wii sales have decreased to a less profitable level.
Nintendo is working for new IP' s though, like Disaster: Day of Crisis and H.A.M.M.E.R. and some of the future 3rd party titles looks interesting.
I really want to know what Retro Studios is going to do after they finish Metroid Prime 3.
fernandino

RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 05, 2007 19:16

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Because they' re happy as long as they' re making money. They' ll make some cool announcements as soon as the Wii sales have decreased to a less profitable level.
Nintendo is working for new IP' s though, like Disaster: Day of Crisis and H.A.M.M.E.R. and some of the future 3rd party titles looks interesting.
I really want to know what Retro Studios is going to do after they finish Metroid Prime 3.

Yeah u may be right, that H.A.M.M.E.R stuff looks cool,
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 06, 2007 00:17
Your right Fernandino,

Because of the Wiis success we are stuck with mostly crappy to average ports with a few gems in between, whereas the ps3 because it hasn' t sold so well has had some exclusive AAA titles available almost from the start. Funny world we live in. This trend seems to show several interesting facts-

1) AAA titles alone cannot sell a console
2) a console can still sell without significant software support (Exclusive first & third party titles)

< Message edited by Terrak -- 5 Apr 07 16:18:38 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nintendo confirms Q2 Wii lineup... - Apr 06, 2007 23:53

Releasing these titles would result in even more people trying to get the already hard to get Wii, and even more disappointed/complaining customers. Is this a good senario for Nintendo to consider - HELL NO. Releasing console selling games while demand is still high would be a bad business move.

I' ve got the solution, Nintendo could stop holding out Wii stock.

[:' (]OOOOOhhhhhhhhh! Ouchburned by Eddie Nintendo!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll