Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Alley_Hater
  • Total Posts : 340
  • Reward points : 0
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 18, 2004 06:55
What do you guys think about this movie? It gives me the impression of a movie not worth the 2 hours theatre time and $6. Angelina just doesn' t look right as a " sky captain" , she fits her other film roles, but not this. She seems like a stay-at-home mom fighting in the air. ugrh....plus, I' ve had it with all the sky wars I' ve seen.
Games I want: Starcraft: Ghost (went to gamestop and saw it on the shelf labeled " coming soon, reserve your copy today"
Halo 2

yoshimitsu15
  • Total Posts : 1038
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 18, 2004 14:20
I think Jude Law is actually " Sky Captain" ....
In response to the following complaint I have decided to change my signature:

" by the way, yoshimitsu you might want to click the little checkbox that makes your signature disappear." -Jonah Shoemaker, Residential Dumbass

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 18, 2004 14:56
The previews look fine, but we all know how that works...

The previews may be of those few moments actually worth watching with everything else being a waste of your feakin' time.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/18/2004 2:56:26 PM >
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Alley_Hater
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 18, 2004 16:16
Angelina Jolie is indeed in SKy Captain.

Interview: Angelina Jolie
" Sky Captain" , " Shark Tale" & " Alexander"
Posted: Wednesday September 8th, 2004 2:06PM
Author: Paul Fischer

Angelina Jolie smilingly admits that motherhood sometimes dictates the kinds of roles she chooses. Yet motherhood has in no way slowed down the busy star, who has three films coming out in the remainder of the year, from the special effects-laden Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, to Oliver Stone' s Alexander and the animated Shark Tale. " It' s been more about time right now because he' s so young," says Jolie, who' s in Los Angeles promoting Sky Captain. " When he' s older, I think, it might be the type of character I choose, but for now I was happy to do ' Sky Captain' because I had three days and I was able to do it quickly. If it was a month, it' s that much longer away from my son, so I like the films now that I can do less in."

Jolie, often defined by a clear inner strength which has parallels with the kinds of women she portrays, says that she has gained that strength from her own mother. " I think that I was raised by my mother to be very honest and straightforward, and I don' t judge people. I love people when they are exactly who they are and they' re straightforward about it and they' re coming at me with whatever that is. So I tend to do that boldly because I don' t look down upon, but I' m not comfortable with the other if that makes any sense. So I was always encouraged to be a hundred percent just whatever it is I am and who I am. Maybe because I' ve gone through, like we all have, different things be it my parents or that I' m a parent now or travelling the world and seeing that there is real pain and that there are things to be really frightened and really scared of and really emotional about, and that the other things that I live with on a daily basis are not those things. So I tend not to be scared of things that are now just not as serious."

Any of you actually think this is a good movie and will watch it?
Games I want: Starcraft: Ghost (went to gamestop and saw it on the shelf labeled " coming soon, reserve your copy today"
Halo 2

yoshimitsu15
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 18, 2004 20:07
Erm...that' s just her calling the movie " Sky Captain" instead of the whole " Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" ...She' s not even the main character in the film.

" by the way, yoshimitsu you might want to click the little checkbox that makes your signature disappear." -Jonah Shoemaker, Residential Dumbass

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 18, 2004 22:21
A) Sky Captain = Jude Law = Joseph (name of character)

B) Sky Captain was a horrible disappointment based off the plot.

C) Sky Captain was an amazing achievement based off the CG.

D) Good graphics don' t make a good game. And good CG isn' t always worth the price of admission.
< Message edited by lotusson -- 9/18/2004 10:21:53 PM >

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 19, 2004 02:33
Yeah...wasn' t most of the film recorded in front of a blue screen?

I thought I heard that somewhere...just can' t remember where...
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

yoshimitsu15
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 19, 2004 04:00
Bah, if you want to see a movie that' s going to set the bar for CG check out:

www.casshern.com

I' m not entirely sure if we' ll ever see this movie in the US, it being made overseas but one thing is for sure...it looks cool as hell.

yoshimitsu15
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 19, 2004 04:06
Hmmm...just checked the website myself...looks like the movie is coming out on DVD September 23rd. It' s hard to say after watching the trailer again which movie has the better CG. I still give it to Casshern because I have diffuculty distinguishing what is real and what is CG. Plus I liked the sound of the story better in this one...I' m a sucker for half android' s vs an army of robots.

lotusson
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 19, 2004 05:02

It' s hard to say after watching the trailer again which movie has the better CG. I still give it to Casshern because I have diffuculty distinguishing what is real and what is CG.

I give it to neither.

Casshern looks awesome (both as a film and the CG) but I wasn' t overly impressed in certain areas.

Sky Captain has great CG, but it' s very stylized. It' s not supposed to look realistic. But it' s nothing you' ve ever seen before.

NukeouT
  • Total Posts : 40
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 19, 2004 05:18
Cashean is very intresting... is it coming out on 23 in US? in usian? Erm in Eanglish. Lol

Starman Anthony
  • Total Posts : 563
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 20, 2004 03:12
Holy Shit noone has seen this movie yet? Oh my god. Let me tell you I had my doubts and did not know what to expect but when I left the theaters I never left so satisfied. The movie was the best I ever seen. Oh my god I can' t even type it all out I am so excited just remembering it. Everybody in the theater was inpressed everybody left screaming and laughing and man it was awesome! Just go see it. It has everything and I do mean everything. The begining may be a little slow but it' s getting you ready for a movie like no other. I didnt even pay attention to the visuals I could not tell what was CG and stuff cause the way the movie is set it' s just jaw dropping. I would see this again.. I think I will maybe this Friday again. It' s worth watching it again. It' s such a classic. So funny too. It was so wierd cause it was like watching a cartoon except real people where in it. Man I love Sky Captain. I give it 2 thumbs up!!

Alley_Hater
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 21, 2004 06:21
So you' re the only one who saw the movie and thought it was good? If I can see it for free, I would give it a chance, but I' m not paying for it.

btw, how many thumbs do you have?
< Message edited by Alley_Hater -- 9/20/2004 6:22:13 AM >
Halo 2

Starman Anthony
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 22, 2004 17:04
*Sigh* I guess so... Oh well you don' t know what you are missing.

Rikka
  • Total Posts : 933
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 23, 2004 04:30
At first I thought it looked stupid, but upon reconsidering it, i thnk it might be worth giving it a chance. It has an interesting concept... and I like Jude Law.

Yes, most of the movie (if not all) was filmed on a blue screen with little to no props.

lotusson
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 23, 2004 05:02

So you' re the only one who saw the movie and thought it was good?

I saw the movie.

It was far from good.

Starman Anthony
RE: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - Sep 23, 2004 14:06
Whoo hoo now it' s 2 people that saw it including me. No really go see it for those of you who did not see it. While it' s still in theaters cause it' s better that way and to get the full experience.