Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Like Action Adventure Games?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Like Action Adventure Games? - Oct 19, 2004 12:40
I like good action adventure games, because they offer both the action (fighting) and the adventuring (running, jumping, climbing, puzzle solving) aspects.

Well, it seems that the new Mortal Kombat game is expected to be one such animal..." yes" , Mortal Kombat is going action adventure!

Read on...and tell us what you think.

Mortal Kombat : Shaolin Monks Game Details Revealed

Not yet officially announced, here are the first game details.

By Rainier Van Autrijve | Oct. 18, 2004

The latest issue of Game Informer has the first details on the yet unannounced Mortal Kombat spin-off Mortal Kombat : Shaolin Monks.

Unlike the recently released Mortal Kombat Deception, Shaolin Monks will more lean towards the action-adventure genre unlike most of its beat-' em-up predecessors. Players will have to make their way across a map in search of information, solve riddles, reach combat zones through a platforming stage, or gain experience points to unlock new techniques.

Mortal Kombat : Shaolin Monks will put you face to face with multiple enemies simultaneously, feature more interactive environments than any other previous title in the franchise (re-visit " Dead Pool" and " Living Forest" for instance), as well as a co-op mode and working together to produce " Team Fatalities."

Mortal Kombat : Shaolin Monks is being developed by Paradox Development, previously known for X-Men: Mutant Academy and Backyard Wrestling, and has a tentative September 2005 release date.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Like Action Adventure Games? - Oct 19, 2004 17:20
Sounds interesting but one has to take these types of Mortal Kombat games with a grain of salt. Every Mortal Kombat game that I' ve played that isn' t primarily a fighting game hasn' t been A quality.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Like Action Adventure Games? - Oct 19, 2004 18:13
Behind RPG/strategy, it' s probably my second-favorite genre...or maybe tied for second with FPS.

Action/adventure titles that I' ve really adored this generation are:

Grand Theft Auto III/GTA: Vice City (I call these action/adventure)
Devil May Cry
Ninja Gaiden
Onimusha 2, 3
Rygar

As for a strict " adventure" title (not so much action), one of the best is still the little-known title, Shadow of Destiny. It' s more of a mystery, actually.

This one you have listed up there could be interesting...I' ll keep an eye on it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll