Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Duke Nukem News...
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Duke Nukem News... - Sep 10, 2004 11:15
Two separate stories that I put into this one post...read on my brothers and sisters...

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER NOT DOOMED. APPARENTLY

Reports that Take-Two' s PC shooter will be powered by Doom 3 technology are wrong, says developer

11:51 Blimey, talk about confusion - following statements made to analysts that Duke Nukem Forever would be powered by the almighty Doom 3 engine, the game' s developer 3D Realms has told press that this is definitely not the case.
In the aftermath of its third-quarter financial results yesterday, Take Two' s CEO Rich Roedel had said of the shooter that " the 3D Realms guys continue to work. They are using the Doom 3 technology, which is finished. They are a premier developer, but they certainly believe in no line before its time."

However, it appears that this is all a case of mistaken identity, as 3D Realms bigwig George Broussard revealed that the much-delayed game will not be using the Doom 3 engine. This shouldn' t come too much of a surprise as it was strongly believed that the developer was using Epic' s Unreal engine.

As for release dates, the game still appears to be someway off release. Roedel added: " we are anxiously awaiting updates from them [3D Realms]." So are we.

Stephen Daultrey

3D Realms is taking the " when it' s done" approach with Duke Nukem Forever, and states, in a nutshell, that any release date heard from anyone but the developer itself is a load of old bollocks.

However, recent reports are focussing on a comment from Jeff Lapin, CEO of DNF publisher Take Two, which appears to give some indication of when the first-person shooter might finally arrive:

" I had a recent conversation with the developer, and they expect the game to be completed sometime at the end of ' 04 or the beginning of ' 05," Lapin has reportedly said.

We presume that' s " 2004" and " 2005" rather than 3004 and 3005, but seeing as this is Duke Nukem Forever we' re talking about, we wouldn' t be willing to bet money on it.

Stuart Bishop

< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/10/2004 11:17:57 AM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread