Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DS and PSP: Fair competition?
ElectronicsJunkie

• Total Posts : 62
DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 15, 2004 20:22
With two of the Titans releasing portable pleasures, will the psp fall the way of the dino, or will DS be the one to flop? With these system' s massive differences (high graphics and price for the PSP, massive capabilities on the DS) are they even fair competetors?
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 16, 2004 05:48
I think they appeal to seperate demographics.

Sure, there are those who want to buy both, but they are in the minority. People have reasons for choosing either one, based on what it' s strengths are. The more I read about the DS the more interested I am, but if I ever bought a handheld it would probably be PSP
Vincent Cook

• Total Posts : 152
RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 16, 2004 06:09
Umm..My message to people would be " Don' t bother with either two of these consoles. If you like handheld gaming get a GP32. But if you must have 3D games get a PSP!"
ElectronicsJunkie

RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 16, 2004 09:50
Vincent, what is the GP32?
And I' d say the DS is a must for those who want to see innovative gaming techniques. With a plethora of input options, I' d say that any kind of game is now possible.
Vincent Cook

RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 16, 2004 16:09
The GP32 is a handheld console you connect to your pc in which you put roms on it and emulators. Just like roms and emulators for pc. this may be snes roms or sega megadrive roms. (I hope I' m not violating the rules.....). Also you can store movies on it and music. Both of which you can play. It uses smc cards to store stuff on. If you want more info go to http://www.gbax.com/gp32review.aspx
ElectronicsJunkie

RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 16, 2004 16:16
Hmm, looks hot. I might have to get one of those. One problem. I deal in Dollars, not pounds. If I found one over here, I' d scoop it up in a heartbeat. Really nice. I have seen things like that though. Well, as for the roms and stuff being illegal, not if you own the original cartridge. If you don' t, then delete it within 24 hours of receiving the file. Like anyone would actually delete it within that time, but still. That' s what you' re SUPPOSED to do. right.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 16, 2004 16:31
if yer gonna go wiht the GP32 might as well spend the extra money on Zodiac.

Neways I would probably go with DS, mostly because most ppl I knwo are getting it and with the wireless, why would I wanna be the one standing out not playing a game with friends or chatting across rooms.
ElectronicsJunkie

RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 16, 2004 16:38
Make no mistake, I' m getting the DS as soon as I can. If you couldn' t tell what system I like by my avatar, you don' t know metroid.
Vincent Cook

RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 16, 2004 18:09
I have a GP32....Anyway the DS is going to be good (hopefully) I' m not going to get it as I' m saving my money for Xbox Next! Lol
ElectronicsJunkie

RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 17, 2004 00:37
The GP32 just seems like it would cost too much, and the DS is just what I' m looking for.
Vincent Cook

RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 17, 2004 05:36
Umm the GP32 is only £130. And it comes with a link cable for your pc! Pretty good value for your money. How much does the DS cost again?
ElectronicsJunkie

RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 17, 2004 15:43
See, that' s in pounds. I deal dollars, and the monetary value of a DS is 149.99
I guess, for you if they have the same prices, that would be 115 in euros.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 17, 2004 21:06
The GP32 doesn' t emulate the 16bit stuff very well though.

Anyway back to the DS and PSP. I have a PSP on order for the Japanese release. However I am gradually erring towards the DS. The fact that there' s a wealth of SP stuff that I am yet to play, coupled with a better design is making the DS very appealing.

Still I might just cancel the PSP order, ignore the DS and stick with my SP and buy an xbox and a lot of games instead.
ElectronicsJunkie

RE: DS and PSP: Fair competition? - Nov 18, 2004 00:00
From what I' ve heard in reviews, the joystick is frustrating on the PSP

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages