Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 360 version of Darkness to have better textures
Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
360 version of Darkness to have better textures - Jul 24, 2006 13:38
We were recently outnumbered by The Darkness' lead designer Jens Andersson, art director Jens Matthies, and technical director Magnus Högdahl for a brief sit-down about the game. Learn how the comic-based project came to fruition, what kind of Darkness powers will be in the game, and how the team got former Faith No More singer Mike Patton to sign on for voice work.

. . .

GI: What do you like about working on the PS3? How about the Xbox 360? Will there be any major differences between the two versions?

Högdahl: So far the two versions look pretty much the same – quite unsurprisingly, since we use the same shader source code and content for both platforms. They will be identical gameplay-wise. There will only be very minor cosmetic differences, such as the PS3 will have better quality video for the in-game TVs and on the Xbox 360 we have a bit more room for textures in memory.

http://www.gameinformer.com/Magazine/Insider/Articles/Article/200608/A06.0707.1042.51750.htm

You need to be an insider to see it, but thats what it is. The ps3 can truly only have 256MB worth of textures at anytime it seems and the 512MB unified for the 360 of course seems to be an advantage. The ps3 will always be better at the 360 as far as videos go because

#1 the cell processor is great when it comes to video

#2 the blu ray disc has alot more space for higher quality video.

But who is with me when I say I prefer better textures over better video anyday?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll