Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 13, 2004 01:07
It appears that Game Informer magazine has an article concerning the next installment of the Elder Scrolls franchise.

Thought you folks might want to read the article...

Click here to read the article.
NukeouT

• Total Posts : 40
RE: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 13, 2004 02:58
YAY! Im a long time Morrowind modman and its great news. Even tho I swear Ive heard about this somewhere else before. Still YAY!
Bo

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 13, 2004 04:18
Is there a release date set yet. I heard that they allready started the development.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 13, 2004 04:22
Yeah, I think it' s already in development. It' s going to be a awhile though as it said it' s for the next generation of consoles which is a way off still. I' m glad they are making it this time early in the generation for the consoles so the framerate won' t suffer as badly and hopefully it' ll be availabe to other consoles other than the Microsoft ones. I like this new fighting system they talk about...more action and more blood is definately a good thing in that bland system. I just hope they don' t take away from the massive amounts of tasks to do (I read the world is going to be smaller) and the amount of customization you can give to your weapons and spells.
NukeouT

RE: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 13, 2004 05:22
Somplace it said this game has been in development since 2002...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 13, 2004 16:10
Yeas, it has been in developemnet for the past two years. They are hoping to have it done by the holiday season of 2005. My guess is sometime in 2006 though.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 13, 2004 21:06
O great just when I thought I was gonna have a normal life again. Morrowind took over my life previously now this!? Owell might as well get the food and drink supply ready.

Are there ne screens or nethign out and about online yet? Being its for next Gen I can only imagine the vast improvments it will go thru.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 14, 2004 00:39
As of right now there are a few screens. I' ll have to dig them up. Technically they aren' t supposed to be posted. I can PM them to anyone that wants them though, just drop me a PM and I' ll give you a link.
yoshimitsu15

RE: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 14, 2004 03:16
Damn, I forgot to look for that magazine today...going to have to find it tomorrow it seems...
NukeouT

RE: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 14, 2004 04:24
For anyone wondering imagine knights that are 50% Doom graphics and 50% fable. Thats about it, nothing really exciting besides for some rocks and a bunch of faces. And same for the enviormetnts. Neat thing will be that all the peices will be interchaingable in TES2. And the fact taht the knights armor will be up for grabs/lootings down to the right gauntlet, or left shoulderpad. Mix and mach to your delight kinda scenerio.
yoshimitsu15

RE: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 15, 2004 02:05
I would think the graphics would be much better than that, especially from a next gen console. Unless of course you are talking about style...
Regret in 2010

• Total Posts : 106
RE: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Sep 15, 2004 02:43
i never played the elder scrolls series but as soon as i read the review on gamespot i got interested
< Message edited by Jonah Shoemaker -- 9/15/2004 2:43:59 AM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message