Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!!
bagnfrag

• Total Posts : 1
JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 02:48
I started this just to make sure that im not the only one that HATES Jack Thompson, so tell me your feelings.
< Message edited by bagnfrag -- 18 Nov 05 10:49:10 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 03:19
we have a thompson thread a bit down the list here.

He has some bad views and some good views, something bad about questioning what games youngsters should play, but the bad parts are suing developers for mistakes people make. People dont kill people, Games kill people,. yeah right!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 03:51
USA is the country of the free,and still people like thompson can do what he like :P
Vx Chemical

RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 04:07
if its the land of the free, ofcourse he can do what he wants?
QuezcatoL

RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 04:36
Ofc,but in usa you can also sue whoever you want
And having judges who judge like retards,make people scared when retards like him(thompson) shows up.
The diffrence in Sweden,and usa is that everyone here just ignore him,ofc he would have the right to say whatever he want,but non would listen,its up to the parents to decie what games their kid should play or not.
Vx Chemical

RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 06:35
JT isnt really deciding who can play what games, he is trying to convince people that games can be damaging, i dont believe that, and he is trying to make sure that games arent sold to kids, if they are rated to high for them, which is acutally a good idea.

Deep down it is the parents responsibility what games the kids play, but since they know nothing about it, the kids get their way. I dont believe that games affect people badly, otherwise id be pretty fucked up, ohh yes, i am, thats right :P jokes put aside, its not a bad discussion, his methods are just wrong!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 11:41
Jack Thompson’s argument is thus:

" Games are evil, they train kids to kill. They made a grown man kill and and up in death row. I' d take on this evil menace but... think I’d be better off on the sidelines.

Please buy my new book."
QuezcatoL

RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 11:56
Like my mom said,those who do a crime after playing a game and is 12+ year old has a sick head,and their sick minds would have been triggered by a movie,music or even someone talking.
And i agree with her.
whatabout_paul

RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 12:46
My parents bought me GTA when I was 12. My dad laughed at it like I did the first time I ran someone down. 8 years later and I' m not a psychopathic killer and he' s not a bad dad.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 15:29
Everytime that shit head opens his mouth he says something stupid, he obviously has something against gamers bacause he won' t stop tying to take away our freedoms.
Vx Chemical

RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 15:33
now now Game Junkie calm down.

All i meant to say was that parents should have a way to control which games their kids play. I played games where i chopped peoples heads of at 10, and i dont think im that damaged.

He has his beliefs, and we have ours. But besides, in the other thread about him on this board, it talks about him getting his license taken.

Edited name Game Killer to Game Junkie, because thats his name, i frequent another " danish" board, with a guy called Game Killer..
< Message edited by VX CHEMICAL -- 18 Nov 05 23:35:03 >
QuezcatoL

RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 15:36
I just dislike that people can be charged for selling or letting kids play games that is not for their age.
Listen if your kid having nightmare by watching something that is in his age,then you should follow the gov advice but a parent know his kid best,not someone in the gov.
We are all diffrent,dont put us as same people...heck some people never like a horror movie in their whole life,those shoulkd not play violence games when they are small probably,but that shouldn' t keep some kid who like those kind of games to not be able to buy one.
whatabout_paul

RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 18, 2005 16:08
Here' s some good news to make you all smile.

BREAKING: Jack Thompson Thrown off Alabama Case by Judge

...In Strickland vs. Sony, the families of two police officers and a police dispatcher killed by Grand Theft Auto player Devin Moore are suing Sony, Take-Two, Rockstar, Wal-Mart, GameStop for damages, based on the premise that GTA turned Moore into a triple murderer. The plaintiffs were led by controversial anti-game crusader Jack...

...in a blistering 18-page decision, Judge Moore excoriated Thompson' s professional conduct, and rejected his attempt to withdraw from the case. Instead, the Judge revoked Thompson' s Pro Hac Vice admission, essentially removing him from the case....

http://www.gamepolitics.com/
whatabout_paul

RE: JACK THOMPSON!!!What a DUMBASS!!! - Nov 20, 2005 17:44
Now his book is under attack on Amazon.com. What does Thompson do? Shout at Amazon and demand they remove negative reviews of his book.

Utterly hillarious.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message