Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Spiderman 2
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
Spiderman 2 - Jun 28, 2004 19:36
How much are YOU looking forward to this film? All my friends are all going Spiderman crazy, some already even booking tickets. The first one was good but the hype for the sequal seems a bit OTT for me. What do you think?
matthayter700

• Total Posts : 25
RE: Spiderman 2 - Jun 28, 2004 19:41
Oh MAN I am DEFINITELY going to that movie. I never watched any superhero movies until Spider-Man 1 and I don' t think I' ve seen any others (I can' t remember) but the commercials make it look WILD! In other words, yes. By the way, what' s OTT mean or stand for?
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Spiderman 2 - Jun 28, 2004 19:45
I' m looking forward to seeing this one. I enjoyed the first movie, but I believe that Spidey 2 will be better.

The one thing that bugs me is who they picked to play spiderman -- I mean he is kinda dorky looking.
otaku

RE: Spiderman 2 - Jun 28, 2004 19:54
lol, thats true, it probably bugs me a little too! Espically after being such a fan of the Comics and Cartoon!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Spiderman 2 - Jun 29, 2004 03:07
Well they had to make him look weak and dorky before he became Spider-Man. At least they didnt change the actor once he became spider-man.

Im very excited for that movie. I haven' t seen a good superhero movie since like teh origional Batman. The first Spider-Man was OK but was still able to catch my interest.

*And Matt I think OTT stands for " Over The Top" form what I can guess...*
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6/29/2004 3:07:50 AM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Spiderman 2 - Jun 29, 2004 03:23
I was dragged to the first was and I thought it was OK. The second one looks like the same thing to me, with a new villian. Dr. Octopus has always been a lame villian in my opinion (the only opinion that matters, of course). I mean, there' s more mass in his octo-arms than there is in his whole body! Where do the arms go? They have to go somewhere. If there is a 10 minute full frontal nude scene of what' s-her-butt, I may swing by and see it.
Smiaras

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Spiderman 2 - Jun 29, 2004 09:08
IMO Spiderman is yet another example of the poor transition from the comic book to the big screen. Marvel seem to sufer the most from this, god just look at Daredevil and even the mighty X-men lags...if it weren' t for Wolverine I' d have stopped caring long ago.

I' m obviously going to go see this movie and while it looks better than the first offering from the trailers, I can' t help but wish Maguire had been ruled out with his back injury from Seabiscuit. IMO he makes a poor Parker and the rumoured replacement Gwyllenhall (or however you spell his name :D) would have made a much better crime fighter.
matthayter700

• Total Posts : 25
RE: Spiderman 2 - Jun 29, 2004 14:08

Thanks Mass X. :)
< Message edited by matthayter700 -- 6/29/2004 2:08:59 PM >
otaku

RE: Spiderman 2 - Jun 29, 2004 20:55

quote:

Thanks Mass X. :)

Whoops, I must have missed that part of your existing post. Sorry! Thx Mass X letting him know.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll