Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What are your gaming weaknesses?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 11, 2004 21:04
This isn' t regarding games you SUCK at, this is in regards to the types of games you love and are good at but maybe there' s an area that you feel you need a little work in?

For example, I' m a major fan of shoot em ups, I love almost all of the 2D shooters that I' ve played.

Anyways once in a while I find that I have a slightly harder time when getting shot at from behind. My confidence isn' t as strong as it is when getting attacked head on.

This doesn' t happen all the time though, there are times when the adrenaline is flowing and I have no problems with dodging bullets coming at me from the rear.

It' s kind of funny how I can successfully dodge screens filled with endless streams of enemy bullets coming at me head on, but when just a handful come at me from behind I kinda panic a little sometimes, LOL..

As for fighting games, I can play most of them well I' ve just never been able to perform any of those complex combos and juggles other players concentrate on doing so much. Partially is for a lack of trying on my part, lol.

Action / Platformers: I have always hated mazes! It' s no doubt my biggest weakness in gaming. I guess I have improved a lot over the years with mazes.
When I was a teen and was playing a kickazz game, whenever I' d get to a maze I' d just shut the game off in disgust. An example would be The Revenge of Shinobi. Was kickin azz all throughout the game until I got to that stinking maze. I made about a minute' s worth of effort and then just shut that sucker off.

Since I' ve gotten older I find that I' m improved in someways. I' ll actually figure out some of the mazes on my own without freaking out and will invest more time in the ones that I can' t figure out right away. Now if only I could figure out how to properly battle in turn-based battles I could get into RPGs in general!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 11, 2004 21:21
Well in combat racing games like Mario Kart, I don' t fight. I only race.
Regret in 2010

• Total Posts : 106
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 11, 2004 21:58
when i was a kid i had a huge problem with scary or suspenseful games

in zelda ocarina of time it took me about 2 weeks to beat the first dungeon, cause it was so dark and scary. id jump whenever an enemy appeared
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 11, 2004 23:36
puzzles man do i ever hate them but with out them you cant have a good adventer.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 11, 2004 23:54
My weaknesses depend on the game and how the controller settings are arranged...

At the moment, I know of the following weaknesses:

Fighting games - difficult combos usually get me in trouble, but I usually can compensate for this weakness by performing various simple attacks in a string.

Air Combat - I usually forget to launch the chaff, flares, or perform defensive maneuvers to protect myself. I get so absorbed into the objective(s), that I forget to protect myself.

Sports - I sometimes have issues with strategy...but my winning streaks are phenomenal. It' s just that I go into slumps at the worst times (like the playoffs or a tie-breaker with a friend)...guess it' s a the fact that I' m under pressure to win and I choke.

Most of the time I can control these weaknesses, but there are just times that I have no choice but to live through it.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 12, 2004 03:23
I am proud to say that I am invulnerable to weaknesses. I can play every game well.

Fighting games like Mortal Kombat 3 from the SNES has gazillions of move combinations and I learned it all, everyday afterschool I would go to my friend' s house and whoop his @$$. Beat him at his own game at his own house . I played it like a pro, any fighter can be used and I' d finish him off with fatalities and humiliations and whatever you can think of.

Strategy games like StarCraft: Brood War on the PC I can play excellent as well. Careful at every move, predicting opponent' s attacks and preparing for them while going on the offensive.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 12, 2004 04:14
Action/adventure: I can deal with movement schemes of all kinds, aiming, and platforming elements, but when it comes to the need for fast button combos, I can have difficulty pulling them off. If it' s a necessary part of the game, and the game is especially difficult, it can really hurt me. For example, I did end up beating Ninja Gaiden, but I found it to be very, VERY challenging.

RPG: Enemies that like to use negative status ailments. I never bother adding skills to my characters that block such things because 99% of the time, you' re much better off enhancing your statistics. But if the game overdoes it, and either makes too many enemies that can inflict these ailments, or the ailments too crippling or whatever, than it can be a ROYAL pain my ass.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 12, 2004 05:35
Hmmm, RPG sidequests and that negative status factor Fathoms mentioned. As well, i am generally not an agressive player, so in a game (like Mario Kart) where there is a high screw factor, i get taken to the cleaners.

I have no use for sports games, so i guess i could work on that.
toxicavenger

• Total Posts : 92
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 12, 2004 06:21
i have a sort of game weakness/strength. i call it the groove. i will suck at a game no matter what everytime i sit down. untill i start playing for ten or more min, then i get into my... " groove" no one ever beats me at halo unless its in the first five min ofplaying. as aposed to all my friends, who will always be at the same level, unless they practice every day. then they get better. I think this is a weakness because i have lost the first halo comp i went to, just becuase i hadn' t practiced that whole week (work/school) and it was like someone stole the toxy' s new groove.
< Message edited by toxicavenger -- 9/12/2004 6:22:14 AM >
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 12, 2004 23:55
It' s kind of a weakness, but I hate fiddly platform bits in action games. Usually the characters aren' t meant to be acrobatic yet sometimes you' re forced to jump platforms with extreme perfect-ness to advance. Ninja Gaiden is guilty of that. Ryu is as twitchy as an itchy nose, thus doesn' t always go where you want him to. The swine.

I also am a bit of a let down on Beat-Em-Ups. That’s odd really because I like them and own a few. I usually don' t put enough time into them, blast through it for a month as I' m just getting good then forget about the game. I was ace at Dead or Alive 2 for the Dreamcast but pickin up DOA3 I' m a total beginner again
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 13, 2004 01:22
My gaming weakness is Sports. I am not good at sports at all. I have trouuble understanding the rules maybe if I had atleast one sports game other then Mario Golf, & Mario Tennis. I would love other sports games.

I also have trouble with fighting games such as Street Fighter cause they require so many button presses to do moves and combos. I mean I love Tekken and I can only do basic stuff in the game.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 13, 2004 01:27
Another weakness of mine is doing tricks in games like SSX, Splashdown, Downhill Damnation, and any Tony Hawk game. Downhill Damnation isn' t too hard, but games like SSX I think you have to hold one of the " L" buttons and start messing with the D-pad and pressing other buttons. Bizarre.
NukeouT

• Total Posts : 40
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 13, 2004 02:55
I dont like games that are clones. As in, redone for marketing. Because a clone in a new suit isnt fun to explore.

I dont like lil kids games like mario, and yoshi, or princes barbie doll adventures. Stuff like that makes me wanna just take the game and send it to a Chechnyan orphan somewhere far away in Russia.

I ... pretty much hate 100% clickfrest, puzzle solving stuff like Myst. Because I played myst it was fun. Then I got stuck in a rotating chaimber of DOOM and couldnt figure it out for like 3 months after which I burned the game alive!! no, just kidding. I simply used it as my dogs frisbee.

I dont like sneaking games like metal gear, because its always funner to go in with your gus blassing! Then have an adreneline rush reloading adn shooting and stuff.

I like real time strategy stuff as long as its not as intullectually hard core as old booring Risk or CivIII/II/I. For instance Tiberian Sun, Starcraft, WarcraftIII, and Darkhold were quite enjoyable.

I raelly (just like any other gamer) hate bugged up games. Like the TAU warhammer campains, and Driver 3. Because theyre for PS2 and there are no paches. People fall out of the sky! AI is so dumb they cant leave the room to shoot at you! Or falling constantly out of the levels track during a race. Pandora tomorrow when you tip the joystick and your stealthy spy (comes equipped wiht silenced pistol and grass stuffing) sprints out into the full view of 5 heavly armed guards. Its always like " ?@@! why/how couldn' t they have possibly noticed that and fixed it?!?"
< Message edited by nukeout -- 9/13/2004 2:56:38 AM >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 13, 2004 04:29
Hmmmm...I guess you could say my only weakness in games is not having time to play them much anymore. I' m usually pretty good with adapting how I play to the game in question. I do play better in FPS, action, music games, and fighters than anything else though.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 13, 2004 15:17

I dont like lil kids games like mario, and yoshi, or princes barbie doll adventures. Stuff like that makes me wanna just take the game and send it to a Chechnyan orphan somewhere far away in Russia.

What exactly does this mean?
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 13, 2004 21:52
I *dare* you to try and complete Super Mario Sunshine 100% and still call it a lil kids game.
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 9/13/2004 9:53:06 PM >
SpeedFreak

• Total Posts : 26
RE: What are your gaming weaknesses? - Sep 15, 2004 21:15
The game that i am good at but have weaknesses is Unreal Tournament 2004 i am good at the game but my weaknesses is working as a team i always try 2 go off solo in team games for some reason, if they r going 2 slow ( im not been big headed ) i try 2 go ahead and try 2 do it by my self but alot of the time i end up dying because u cant conquer the world on ur own.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll