Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 For Those Gamers That Played Videogames In the 80' s and 90' s...This One' s For You!!!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
For Those Gamers That Played Videogames In the 80' s and 90' s...This One' s For You!!! - Oct 11, 2004 22:53
Midway ships Arcade Treasures 2

Mortal Kombat II and Mortal Kombat 3, NARC, and 17 other classic arcade titles are featured in the $19.99 compilation.

Longing for the simpler days of yesteryear? Then you' ll be pleased to know that Midway Arcade Treasures 2 has shipped to retail. For the price of a four-hour session in a coin-op arcade, PS2, Xbox, and GameCube owners can play 20 Midway titles from the golden years of quarter-draining arcades. This time around, " neo-classics" like Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat 3, NARC, and Primal Rage share the spotlight with oldies like Wizard of Wor and Xenophobe.

(Originally slated to appear in the collection, the original Mortal Kombat was taken off the disc and included with deluxe editions of Mortal Kombat: Deception, which released for the PS2 and Xbox last week.)

Bonus content on the DVD includes making-of videos that feature interviews with the developers of several of the included titles, as well as trailers and video montages. The Xbox version of the title features Xbox Live high-score leaderboards.

Last year' s Midway Arcade Treasures included 20 earlier Midway titles such as Gauntlet, Rampage, Joust, and Paperboy. It will be rereleased with new packaging that reflects the design of the sequel, as well as the new title of " Midway Arcade Treasures 1," this month.

Rated " M" for Mature (due to " graphic" pixelated violence in included titles like Mortal Kombat II and Pit Fighter), Midway Arcade Treasures 2 carries an SRP of $19.99. GameSpot' s review of the title will be posted later today.

The following games are featured in Midway Arcade Classics 2:

A.P.B.
Arch Rivals
Championship Sprint
Cyberball 2072
Gauntlet 2
Hard Drivin'
Kozmik Krooz' r
Mortal Kombat 3
Mortal Kombat II
NARC
Pit Fighter
Primal Rage
Rampage World Tour
Spy Hunter 2
Timber
Total Carnage
Wacko
Wizard of Wor
Xenophobe
Xybots

By Staff -- GameSpot
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: For Those Gamers That Played Videogames In the 80' s and 90' s...This One' s For You! - Oct 12, 2004 00:46
I loved games of that era, but I' ve never, ever cared for Midway.

At my first job I worked at a movie theater. In the box office I could see across the hall to the bar where they had a Pit Fighter arcade machine. Everyone was amazed that it used digitized graphics. I remember getting sick to my stomach because of how bad those graphics were. I never liked Mortal Kombat graphics either. Just not pleasing to the eye.
toxicavenger

• Total Posts : 92
RE: For Those Gamers That Played Videogames In the 80' s and 90' s...This One' s For You! - Oct 12, 2004 02:43
I loved mortal kombat 2, 3, ultimate, trilogy, all of em were sweet arse. i cant wait to get my controlers on that sweet original, fresh mk, instead of these bad, 3d poop on a disc.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: For Those Gamers That Played Videogames In the 80' s and 90' s...This One' s For You! - Oct 12, 2004 05:24
I was born in 86 but I started playing relatively early in life. These games however, hold little appeal to me anymore although it' s nice to play one every now and then. My mom might want to buy this though, thanks for the info Daroosh.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: For Those Gamers That Played Videogames In the 80' s and 90' s...This One' s For You! - Oct 12, 2004 14:39
Some classic titles there. I was never really into the arcade titles, even though I was born in ' 78 (the IBM Tandy was my first love after the Atari 2600).

Still, it' s always good to get a bit nostalgiac now and then.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: For Those Gamers That Played Videogames In the 80' s and 90' s...This One' s For You! - Oct 13, 2004 00:24
To be honest I don' t know half of the games there, but the ones I do know I am not excited about. Mortal Kombat 2 was ace but I got my fill of it when it came out. Pit Fighter was funny, as was Primal Rage. The fact you could eat people for health was hilarious to me. Rampage World Tour was cool but repetitive. I managed a one day 12 hour session on it with a mate and never wanted to play it again after. Destroying stuff was fun at first but after the 100th level it got tedious.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll