Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Thrillville
MaggieMay

• Total Posts : 4
Thrillville - Oct 25, 2006 01:26
Hi y' all. Currently my marketing company has me working with the developers of the new game Thrillville. It' s from the same people who did the Roller Coaster Tycoon series, but it' s more tailored for console play and family groups. The game is still creating and managing a theme park, you can play minigames and things like that within the park that you' ve created.

Here' s a link to some video of it: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2842

What I' m wondering, and hoping for really, is some feedback and dialogue for this game. What do you think of it? Is it something that interests you, theme park type games? Have you heard of Thrillville before? I' m totally looking for opinions, and would love to hear any thoughts you might have on this. And if you have questions about it, I can do my best to answer them. I' d really appreciate the feedback!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Thrillville - Oct 25, 2006 01:29
RollerCoaster Tycoon was fun back in the day, but releasing the game on last gen consoles is a bad move IMO
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Thrillville - Oct 25, 2006 04:45
You have you work cut out for you because I doubt anyone will be interested in this one. I visit GameTrailers all the time and I never even heard of Thrillville.

The only way I can see you selling this game is if it has the feature of being able to enter in other players parks online and being able to rate their parks. If the developers could support maybe 64-128 players in a park at once with the ability to communicate with eachother, like having an interactive avatar in a theme park with others online. People might be interested,though only as a budget title.

The market is getting pretty small for this sort of game on last gen consoles, and I doubt you would sell that many on PC either. In other words crappy games don' t sell very well anymore. On the other hand I' m sure this game doesn' t have a large budget so maybe its not that great of a risk.

The technology thats available now for videogames is far ahead of what I see from Thrillville. To be honest this game looks like a bagin bin game from 10 years ago.

To be fair, we might not be the best group of people to ask. Kikozo members are a bit older then your average gamer and a lot more cynical and jaded.
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 24 Oct 06 21:04:49 >
MaggieMay

RE: Thrillville - Oct 25, 2006 05:49
Thanks for responding, you guys! :)

VX Chemical - Why so? Adding it to the PS2/Xbox platform would probably open up the doors for more people to play it - plus, it' s a family oriented game, everyone can sort of join in at the PS2 together, and the multiplayer aspect of it is probably easier to use with a console than a PC. Do you think it should have come out on a higher gen console like the 360 or something?

Agent Ghost - I appreciate your thoughts and frankness! Thrillville is a game that' s a bit more family oriented, I think - aimed at both kids and adults, maybe something that they can play together, though I do think it' s a title that anyone will be able to enjoy, especially if they like simulation type games or roller coasters generally.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Thrillville - Oct 25, 2006 06:45
Hmm, not sure Kikizo members would dig this kinda game, as I suspect a lot are more interested in aliens and buzzsaws at the moment. Tbh, I probably wouldn' t buy it myself. But it looks like it could be fun for the younger kids. Still its an important genre to have.

In that way, releasing it on last gen consoles would be the way to go, since mums and dads might buy it for their kids and price is what matters.

On the other hand, if something like this was downloadable on Live Arcade and people could visit each others parks, it might even do pretty well.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Thrillville - Oct 25, 2006 06:59

VX Chemical - Why so? Adding it to the PS2/Xbox platform would probably open up the doors for more people to play it - plus, it' s a family oriented game, everyone can sort of join in at the PS2 together, and the multiplayer aspect of it is probably easier to use with a console than a PC. Do you think it should have come out on a higher gen console like the 360 or something?

if your targetting the crowd in a forum like this, 360 or PS3 is a must!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Thrillville - Oct 25, 2006 09:10
Well this game would be worthless on PS3 or 360 but it might sell on Wii if the Wiimote would be used in a meaningful way.
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 25 Oct 06 1:11:31 >
MaggieMay

RE: Thrillville - Oct 26, 2006 03:45
I think that the fact that it' s coming out on consoles is also because, since it' s a game that everyone of any gaming level can get into if they want to, so it makes sense to have it on a more accessible console than the 360. But that' s a cool idea about the WiiMote. Additionally, though, right now, this is the only game of its type that is on a console at all.

The mini-games are something that make Thrillville at least somewhat different, as you can design them for your park, as well play them yourself if you want to. There' s also a mission mode where you have to manage tyour uncle' s park and complete goals or tasks to keep the park from being taken away. There are definitely options for different kinds of play in the game, depending on what the player is more interested in. I think both kids and adults could get something out of it, if this is a genre that you like.

Edited to clarify my first sentence which ran on and on without end ;)

< Message edited by MaggieMay -- 25 Oct 06 22:18:24 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message