Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New N-Gage looks much better
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 14, 2004 14:47
I avoided the first one after having seen my friends. It was very annoying to switch games and use the phone without the ear peice. This new design for one looks sleak and cool. and the way to switch games is defiantly better. Ill again let my friend take the step and get it while I veiw from afar.
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 14, 2004 15:52
Even before the first one released and it had only a few confirmed games, I had a feeling (I almost knew) that it was going to be a complete peice of crap... and I was right. It was really bad as a game unit and it was horrible as a phone. The N-Gage 2 is different (for me) though. I don' t know why but I think it will actually be pretty good. I' m just wondering if it will play the original N-Gage games or if the games will be on a completly different format... or both. Either way (or something completly different) I' m actually looking forward to it.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 14, 2004 18:01
All I gotta say is

DEAD-GAGE Walking!!
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 14, 2004 20:28
I wasn' t fond of the first one, although the 2nd one sounds to be improved quite a bit, so N-Gage 2 might make a come back,...might.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 14, 2004 21:49
I' ve always been interested i the N-Gage, but from the start I knew it wouldn' t have enough support. I really like the new design but I' ll probably wait for the PSP or DS. Then again, I prefer consoles so I could just save my money for the next generation.
AlexW

• Total Posts : 22
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 14, 2004 22:03

I' m just wondering if it will play the original N-Gage games or if the games will be on a completly different format... or both.

It will play all the old N-Gage games.

I have to agree that this looks a lot better. I still don' t like the buttons, but this is a good step in the right direction. And there' s no more need for side-talking, which can only be a good thing. Guess Nokia didn' t like being humiliated in such a public manner.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 15, 2004 19:20
This isnt like N-Gage 2, its sorta like N-Gage SP. Its the same thing minus the MP3 player and FM Tuner, with a new design thats better than the last. There wont be any " QD" exlusives, because thier the same system, much like the GBA and GBA SP. And if your getting it for games, your getting ripped off. At the $179 ($199 bundled with Tony Hawk) you could wait for the PSP, which will most definatley have more developer support. The N-Gage has less capabilities than the PSone, which the PSP surpasses, and you wont see many " N-GAGE exlusives" worth playing. My advice- wait for the PSP or Nintendo DS. Believe me, you' ll thank me when they release and you see the games. (PSP will have Squarenix and Rockstar support-guaranteed, the DS may, and all major 3rd party devs will make games for them, and Nintendo will have the great first party games on the DS)
Mass X

RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 15, 2004 19:32
Ya, I don' t see to many reasons to get an N-Gage. But companies like to try somin new. I give them somes props for the attempt. But passing big names like Nintendo and Sony...a very big task.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 15, 2004 19:54

This isnt like N-Gage 2, its sorta like N-Gage SP. Its the same thing minus the MP3 player and FM Tuner, with a new design thats better than the last. There wont be any " QD" exlusives, because thier the same system, much like the GBA and GBA SP. And if your getting it for games, your getting ripped off. At the $179 ($199 bundled with Tony Hawk) you could wait for the PSP, which will most definatley have more developer support. The N-Gage has less capabilities than the PSone, which the PSP surpasses, and you wont see many " N-GAGE exlusives" worth playing. My advice- wait for the PSP or Nintendo DS. Believe me, you' ll thank me when they release and you see the games. (PSP will have Squarenix and Rockstar support-guaranteed, the DS may, and all major 3rd party devs will make games for them, and Nintendo will have the great first party games on the DS)

All of that equals what I said before-

DEAD-Gage walking :D
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 16, 2004 01:08
I have to agree. Even with the new design, I see very little chance of it making any impact on the market.

It was mentioned the MP3 player was taken out... to me that was one of the most tempting features. Oh well.
immortaldanmx

RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 16, 2004 18:05
Well, features aside, it still doesnt surpass the PSone, which the PSP will, And it lacks in quality games. But yeah, the MP3 player was pretty tempting.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 18, 2004 07:07
I was just looking at some trailers of the games for the N-Gage and it looks like it has some pretty good capabilities.
Wondering: who is actually planning on buying one though?

trailers:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_ngage_games1.aspx
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_ngage_games2.aspx
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_ngage_games3.aspx
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_ngage_games4.aspx
< Message edited by RavenShadow -- 4/18/2004 7:08:33 AM >
immortaldanmx

RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 19, 2004 18:13
have you seen one run Tomb Raider or Red Faction (yes, I mean #1). It looks, plays, and sounds hideous.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 19, 2004 19:46
Provided I can get it for a small fee when my mobile contract gets renewed in the summer I' ll get it. Being able to play Puzzle Bobble on the bus without having to carry aorund a GBA SP as well as my mobile makes it worth it for me.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 21, 2004 22:49
Its suprising that they have made the N-Gage even worse. When you try it out - i' m sure you' ll feel the same way
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 21, 2004 23:42
I think we can all agree, the N Gage was poo and that this version is er no different
Mass X

RE: New N-Gage looks much better - Apr 22, 2004 03:04
I dunno...it is much different...but ya still nothing but a load of ----. But they are the only handheld thats a cellphone as well...a very crappy one tho.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll