Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Suikoden V
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Suikoden V - Aug 31, 2006 07:27
when i write about a game i played , it' s usualy very good or it had some atrocities that are hard to bear for the mind and the nerves, this is the case with suikoden V.

i' m on 38 hours of gameplay (yeah i still play it even if sometimes it gives me heart attacks) but that' s because i' m a huge fan of suikoden series and unfortunatly this franchise is going downhill since suikoden 3 (which was good but not as i expected on a playsation 2 )

suikoden 4 is not a good game but still i beat it ==== my score 75%

suikoden V is much better but it has some weiiird stupid fucked up mistakes that jeopardize the whole experience and i just can' t understand , do Konamidevelopers play their games? do they discuss their ideas ? are they sober when tehy are working? what the hell were they thinking in sugegsting thet ? how come after so many years of experience they still make such mistakes ?

after all suikoden is a very popular franchise that konami should/ is proud about and thus it should take care of every game of the series...

let' s start with the girly child mute main character:

if we' re talking about a prince that will lead a whole kingdom and will give major orders to people that are supposed to be wise and so stron , at least DON' T MAKE HIM A 16 year old boy, i can' t feel the power from that character, he' s a teenage for god' s sake (no offense teenger' s here but don' t you agree that at least he should be 20 ? ) then he look like a girl with his long hair dresses like POCAHONTAS from walt disney + he' s fucking mute and can' t talk (because i' m supposed to be this charcater ) woow very clever .... oh god that' s another issue.

what' s with frequent combat, it' s like evry 8 seconds , and believe me when you are in a maze and you can' t firgure the way out, it becomes very frustrating... soemtimes " extremly" frustrating...

the random fights are very very boring, proof ? 90% of fights i use the auto mode, which is just normal attack for all charcters, that' s how it sucks guys.

the combat system is far from deep, everything is very simple , and it gets boring really fast, even with 6 characters in the fight.

graphic design is average, and monster design is sometimes horible.

music, nothing catching , may be the theme song which is the best ...

the story, there are some really intresting twists , but how they develop the story is somewhat chilidich, i' m a fucking prince i' m supposed to be very respected by the whole kingdom, however most of the times i go do some stupid tasks that a regular soldier or a knight can do... i think they should have made it like suikoden 3 in which there were 3 main characters ... that was very clever !

anyway i think western developers are getting much better than jap developrs even in terms of graphics... it seem like jap developrs don' t play too many games that are developed outside of japane, and thus you always notice they making the same mistakes over and over and over again while indeed in some part of the world other developed avoided this mistake a long time ago ... i say wake up konami or go fuck yourself.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 30 Aug 06 23:32:39 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message