Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GRAN TURISMO 4 SKIDS TO 2005
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
GRAN TURISMO 4 SKIDS TO 2005 - Oct 21, 2004 12:26
My heart goes out to all our UK members...

GRAN TURISMO 4 SKIDS TO 2005

PAL version of GT4 delayed to Q1 of next year

10:37 Sony UK has confirmed this morning that Gran Turismo 4 will be delayed in Europe. Hopes of a December release for the hotly anticipated sequel on these shores have subsequently been dashed, with the PAL version now pencilled in for release in Q1 2005.
Explaining the reason behind the slip, Sony said earlier that: " The localisation of GT4 across the PAL territories is a huge undertaking because the product is localised into 13 different languages across the PAL territories, therefore the process takes considerably longer than it does in Japan.

" The GT brand strives for perfection, therefore we need to ensure that the localisation and testing of the product is done to the highest possible standard" .

A Q1 2005 launch in PAL territories gives Sony breathing room to finalise localisation before announcing a concrete release date, but it means we could well be waiting till March next year before we finally get our hands on Gran Turismo 4.

Stuart Bishop
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: GRAN TURISMO 4 SKIDS TO 2005 - Oct 21, 2004 15:15
Yeah well, I still get MY copy this year.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: GRAN TURISMO 4 SKIDS TO 2005 - Oct 24, 2004 19:35
Sony should take a leaf out of Nintendo' s book with Metroid Prime 2 and ditch the 50Hz mode. Simply make it run in NTSC mode only. No borders, the game running at it' s proper speed and we' d have it prior to Christmas. Job done.

Anyhow I' m going to import.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message