Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Never praise VH1
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Never praise VH1 - May 23, 2004 12:51
I know a while back VH1 was praised a lot for actually playing music videos while MTV was study showing reruns of Real World. However, within the past year or two VH1 has done a complete 180 IMO.

I don' t if anyone else has noticed this, but MTV actually plays a lot more music videos than VH1. Several times a day I turn to MTV and see actual music videos playing and then turn to VH1 to see another " Best Week Ever" episode.

Also, the so-called " variety" that VH1 used to have has dwindled. They play the exact same crap as MTV but now with more useless shows thrown in.

I' ll give VH1 credit for having more shows based about music, like the recent " Top 50 Worst Songs Ever (which was HORRIBLY btw), but overall VH1 has become a joke -- just a mere shadow of what it used to be.

I' m no fan of MTV or anything, but at least they' re showing *more* videos than VH1.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Never praise VH1 - May 23, 2004 15:30
Yeah for not having any form of cable, I get neither of those useless channels.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Never praise VH1 - May 23, 2004 18:49
FUSE
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Never praise VH1 - May 24, 2004 17:49
Heheh ya I was gonna say FUSE. A nice music channel. Ive always thought VH1 as rather an annoying channel, and MTV should just drop the M. However I have watched either of them in a long while so I dont know what they do now.
Rikka

RE: Never praise VH1 - May 24, 2004 20:43
pssst, culturally ignorant. What' s FUSE?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Never praise VH1 - May 24, 2004 21:17
FUSE is another music channel thats really almost all music. it has the occasional show but the shows are usually about music neways.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Never praise VH1 - May 24, 2004 21:38
Yeah, the shows are basically things like IMX, which is where a bunch of hosts from the different music genres all host this stock market type thing that deals with music videos. That show has special guests and stuff but they show music videos during it. It' s about the equivalant of TRL with decent guests and music.
Rikka

RE: Never praise VH1 - May 24, 2004 22:56
Thanks. So it is what MTV once was.
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: Never praise VH1 - May 26, 2004 03:35
MTV2 used to be the source for great music videos all the time, but last time I checked they were looking more and more like regular MTV. FUSE or " MuchMegaMusic" as they were formerly known is Canada' s " MTV" , and its not bad..but its not that great either. There is nothing good unless its off hours.

Besides, VH1 is the station that did that big prison music series where they helped reward convicts who should have been doing hard time rather then performing on TV.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll