Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony Mylo (handheld)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Sony Mylo (handheld) - Sep 04, 2006 08:18
No, it doesn' t play games. I' m putting this in here because of the recent rumours of a PSP " lite" in development. What does this have to do with that you say...

First and foremost a media player, but alongside the obvious music, photo and video funtions sit:

* Built-in Wi-Fi
* Opera Web browser
* Chat funtion (Google Talk or Yahoo Messenger - not MSN or AIM)
* Ability to share songs with fellow Mylo users wirelessly
* A full QWERTY keyboard
* Skype funtionality
* Built in 1 GB of flash memory
* Memory Stick Pro Duo slot.

It has a 2.4 inch color LCD screen, a slide out keyboard, promises up to 45 hours of music playback, 7 hours of chatting and web surfing and more than 3 hours of continuous Skype talk time. It' ll come with a microphone, stereo headphones, a USB cable and a neoprene case. Nice eh?!

It supports MP3, ATRAC or WMA (secure and unsecure) files, MPEG-4 video files (like PSP) and JPEG images (like PSP).

Ok, that' s the bullshit out of the way. What you have is a PSP with a smaller screen that you can use to talk to people but can' t play games on. Can you say commercial suicide?!

Sony promised a keyboard for PSP, even stopped Logitech from releasing one. The web browsing on PSP is fucking awful so why would this be any better?!

It' s going to retail for $350. Why?! Seriously, if you have a PSP or can buy one cheaper (which since it costs less you obviously can) and you have a mobile/cell phone (which everybody on the planet does - even in 3rd world countries) then why would you want to buy this?!

The reason i posted this in here is because it' s a handheld device with the same multi-media capabilities as PSP. With all the talk of a re-designed PSP coming next year i figured looking at Sony' s other handheld device may ofer some clues as to additional features and functions that could make it into PSP v2.0.

What you you guys thing of a) this thing, and b) the rumoured PSP-lite?!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Sony Mylo (handheld) - Sep 04, 2006 09:48
It has all the features I allready use and degrades them into a pointless little thing.

Mylo stands for my life or something.

edit: post 1666 eh?, some sort of evil is afoot...
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 4 Sep 06 1:50:17 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sony Mylo (handheld) - Sep 04, 2006 16:40

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

It has all the features I allready use and degrades them into a pointless little thing.

That' s partly my point. This thing is commercial suicide just like most of their other electronic devices.

I wonder whether they' ll include slide out keyboard for the next PSP...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll