Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What do you do?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
What do you do? - Jul 03, 2004 03:12
OK, a thread by the same title exists in the game forum, but I mean it literally here. What do you do? Do you work? Where? Are you a student? Are you in prison like Fathoms is? Tell all here!

I am a contractual video editor. But work is getting very thin, so I am gonna look for a real (non-contract) full time job with benefits. On my spare time I like to collect dust and watch my fingernails grow.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What do you do? - Jul 03, 2004 03:38
Pretty much a full time partier right now, and when school starts a full time student with a part time job.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What do you do? - Jul 03, 2004 04:30
I repair windows and its not that bad of a job either, real real good pay, and I get to keep in shape with the hardwork and what not. This is good because the remaining time in my life is sittin on my ass watching movies and playing video games.

However, some of my spare time is spent with art (bad photography, crappy drawings, junk stories) all of which can be found here IN MY ONLINE ART GALLERY go thru it have a good time there might be some things of interest, you can also goto my main page if you click the link down in my sig.

hmm was that some blatent advertising or what...

< Message edited by Mass X -- 7/3/2004 4:32:09 AM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What do you do? - Jul 03, 2004 05:00

I repair windows and its not that bad of a job either,

Do you repair DOS to?
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 7/3/2004 5:00:23 AM >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What do you do? - Jul 03, 2004 05:10
blah i shouldve been more specific. I repair the glass type of windows. on homes and buildings and stuff. well i shouldnt say repair since i also replace, remove, add etc etc windows.

And since I just recently turned 18 and got out of highschool I' m hoping to get a job of better interest
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: What do you do? - Jul 03, 2004 14:04
Currently I am a professional student. I am working on my Master' s degree in cell biology, but I am planning to transfer to my PhD this winter. So yeah, I will be in school forever.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: What do you do? - Jul 03, 2004 14:48
I have been working as a lab/research assistant in the behavioural neuroscience lab at the university I attend
Next year I might get moved up to the lab' s technician but I will probably end up in grad school at some point and join Rikka as a professional student

(Rikka I sent you a PM about grad school - not sure if it got to you though)
Rikka

RE: What do you do? - Jul 04, 2004 06:25
Sorry raven shadow! I have been ill and therefore offline. I respondeed now (at some length) Professional student, is not a bad profession
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: What do you do? - Jul 04, 2004 22:03
I' m a student. I' ve just finished the second year of my Industrial Economics degree. I' m currently working as a barman over the summer months.

Rikka

What' s different between being a professional student and just a normal student?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: What do you do? - Jul 04, 2004 22:05
I just quit my job because next week I' m heading to Fort Lauderdale to attend the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale. Game Art and Design will be my major. I love it. Basically I draw and play videogames a lot. I also do a lot of running and play sports like basketball.
fictionised

• Total Posts : 85
RE: What do you do? - Jul 05, 2004 10:02

Currently I am a professional student. I am working on my Master' s degree in cell biology, but I am planning to transfer to my PhD this winter. So yeah, I will be in school forever.

I always thought a student was a student

I' m a FT Student, studying B.Sci (Maths/Genetics) and a B.Ed (Maths/Biology)- 2nd year. Currently unemployed - here' s hoping I' ll find another casual job soon, because it totally sucks having no money.....
Rikka

RE: What do you do? - Jul 06, 2004 03:30
Professional student means I run a chance at never leaving university

There are students, those who are classified as working towards something. Four year degree, two year certificate, what have you. Education is a spring board into something else.

Professional student is me. I am done an undergrad, working on a PhD, and I could be in grad school for the next sixyears, followed by a delightful stint being a post doc. I will be a student for quite some time, getting paid to be one, and not having to face the real world. Loans do not come due, unemployment is not a threat, i don' t have to worry about a job. See? Does it make sense?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll