Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 05:12
Okay took me around 6-7 hours to finish the game on casual,im replaying it now on hardcore,just finished 1/5 on hardcore and it kick ass there,finally the locus flank and rush me etc etc but enough about that.

This game will make all other games look like crap until mass effect comes,i mean seriously,this game is so good looking you think all other games look old gen omg.

Best looking game by far.

yes Mgs4 trailers looks crap if you compare GoW with it.

But enouhg about that.

WHY OH WHY DID I HAVE TO REPLAY LAST BOSS 30 times?

Dom your A.I character kept running into boss or forget to take cover so i had to res him and die while trying to do so.

Plz epic,just script dom at last boss,if you cant make him act like he should act,then script ffs.

I been trying to do my homework+ gone on to kikizo for 1 hour now,just because Dom made a fool of himself.

Btw,other then that the A.I kick ass,they take cover help me out,chainsaw peopler,ress each other flank etc they kick ass but at bosses?

They are just retarded,and you definty miss your live co-op friend.

About the control,the control was clearly awesome so was the gameplay.

That train level in the end was SUPERB!

Wow,one of the top 10 best games i ever played,and i PLAYED ALOTS OF GAMES.

Thanks MS Thank epic for this classic,cant wait for the 2nd one.

Btw in the end when that lady talk,PLZ DONT MAKE A HALO2,I BEG YOU EPIC.
Without spoling to much apparently the Locus have a reason to " fight" ... lol

GoW was all that we was hoping for but even beyond.

Anyway to you others what did you finsih it on?

what difficulty and how long?

the 10 hour is just BS,i played very very slow but since there is like 3-5 diffrent paths to take,i guess it might be close to 10 much replay value with co-op etc.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 19 Nov 06 21:18:56 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 05:50

WHY OH WHY DID I HAVE TO REPLAY LAST BOSS 30 times?

The game wasn' t exactly designed for single player it is a co-op based game. You have to be good to get through insane and hardcore on single player.
QuezcatoL

RE: Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 05:53
Yepp,hardcore is abit harder,since the locus flank,and rush you,yes RUSH you.

They own you at melee so very scary close up.
However if you' re behind cover and they come at you,they die like a fly ^^
Also almost every Locust has armor,even night google at them in chapter 1 atleast :)

Luckily the A.I with you felt abit better.
QuezcatoL

RE: Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 06:26
Btw the framedrop doesnt drop below 30,was in a tight hallway with 8 dudes and it never lagged.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 06:40
I want to beat the game on Insane. I' , pretty sure you need to that in co-op though. Because as Quez said, A.I. Dom is a worthless turd.
QuezcatoL

RE: Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 06:44
Ye,the benefit with having 3 A.I dudes with you,ius that they like to ress each other,like that Dom guys,who like to chainsaw and rush people
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 07:42
I wouldn' t be able to place this game on my top ten list as I think there are even are five or so shooters that I like better than gears, but it definately is one of the better games as of late (still angry about FF12 ). I think it works nice as foreplay before I can get my dirty hands on Twilight Princess.

With risk of sounding negative, did any of you find the part where you got to take control of a veichle unsatisfying? I know that it isn' t what the game is about and I only welcome a bit variation, but I think if your going to put something in a game then you might as well do it all the way.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 19 Nov 06 23:44:51 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 07:47
Well the vehicle part is kinda lame on casual as its too easy along with the rest of the game. However on Hardcore or Insane its pretty intense. GOW isn' t a great game if you only play it on Casual, Casual is a warm up to get used to the control, like a training mission. The real game is on Hardcore and Insane.
QuezcatoL

RE: Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 08:00
The vehicle part takes like 3 min to do.
And is a nice thing,since it let you feel like you atleast moved a bit,and need help from civilians,and get a bigger scope of the city and how its ruined.

But for gameplay?

its nice for something diffrent,but nothing fun/boring.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 08:16
But I do play on Hardcore, though I have only played Co-Op as of yet and haven' t tested single player yet.
QuezcatoL

RE: Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 08:20
Ye,and i have played 2/5 act now on hardcore.

Enemy has almost same health,and you,the diffrence is that locus like to flank/attack on hardcore.

Gonna try and get my bro to ome over for some co-op :)
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Quez finish Gears of war,quez very happy but quez also anrgy! - Nov 20, 2006 13:53

Enemy has almost same health,and you,the diffrence is that locus like to flank/attack on hardcore.

Actually I think it was Agent Ghost that posted it, but enemies have higher health on the higher difficulties. I am going to finish up hardcore probably by this week and get onto insane, was waiting for my friend for Co-op, but our times haven' t been matching perfectly.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll