Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Damn you Sammy! Daaaamn youuuuuu!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Damn you Sammy! Daaaamn youuuuuu! - Dec 11, 2003 18:34

SEGA Arcades Only!!!
> Date Added: 2003-12-11 13:24:51

Sammy President urges SEGA to concentrate on arcade titles and move away from the consumer market…

In an exclusive interview with Bloomberg, Sammy President Hajime Satomi revealed the worst of SEGA fans fears, by urging the Japanese games developer to concentrate on the arcade market.

Having seen their financial year grow beyond all expectations thanks to the strong demand of their arcade titles, it’s clear to see why the recommendation has come from Satomi-san, however to have no SEGA in the consumer market would be worse then the day they pulled out of hardware development.

More worrying is recent comments made by Satomi, that suggest if SEGA doesn’t accept his decisions, he’ll simply increase Sammy’s stake in SEGA to a position where they’re forced to do what the Pachinko manufacturer says.

Certainly it’s a move considered to promote Sammy’s ‘Atomiswave’ arcade units, based around the Dreamcast and NAOMI hardware and utilising JAMMA compatible boards. It’s claimed that these units are extremely cheap to produce, with Satomi-san claiming “It' s low cost enough that even a single play at 10 yen a game can turn a profit. We can sell it in third-world countries as well" .

We’ll have more news soon.
http://www.totalvideogames.com/?section=Read%20News&id=4250&gameid=2805&format=000001

And......

Sammy’s Chief Intentions
> Date Added: 2003-12-10 14:56:51

Sammy Chief Executive comments about the future of SEGA with unwavering opinions…

In a statement to Reueters, Hajime Satomi, Chief Executive Sammy Corp. displayed the same level of determination and grit that has seen the Pachinko manufacturer become the largest shareholder of SEGA Corp.

In a statement talking about the future between both companies, Satomi-san stated: " I can' t imagine this happening, but if our vision does not agree with that of Sega then we might have to consider taking more shares”; prompting speculation that if SEGA doesn’t bow down to what Sammy says, that they’ll eventually force the Japanese games developer into a position

Satomi-san claimed that he wanted to join SEGA’s board of directors as soon as possible, with early suggestions pointing towards an early stage in 2004.

Whilst we’re hoping that Sammy’s new position will help SEGA to continue its resurgence, we can’t help but worry that Sammy are using this position to solely improve their own; it’s believed that one of the major aspects of the deal was to use SEGA’s brand image to push Sammy’s ‘Atomiswave’ range of arcade machines.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/?section=Read%20News&id=4245&gameid=2805&format=000001

If Sega ever left the console market, I don' t know what the hell I would do. No more Sonic? No more Sega GT? No more Panzer Dragoon? No more Sega? Aside from Virtua Fighter, Sega hasn' t made a solid arcade hit *in the US* that did well on consoles since Crazy Taxi. I can only pray TVG is full of it or has mistranslated something somewhere. Otherwise this looks like very bad news.
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: Damn you Sammy! Daaaamn youuuuuu! - Dec 11, 2003 20:02
yes, concentrating on that ever growing arcade market sounds like a solid business strategy...omg!
HELLBENT

• Total Posts : 58
RE: Damn you Sammy! Daaaamn youuuuuu! - Dec 11, 2003 23:22
Yes. Arcades is where the money is at.....

I cant even remember the last time I stepped into one!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Damn you Sammy! Daaaamn youuuuuu! - Dec 13, 2003 03:38
Why must this happen. The day sega goes under my life ends... I' m going to gather all my sega products and do a week straight gaming binge playing my genesis and DC. After that... I' ll cry.
HyPeR_SoNiC

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Damn you Sammy! Daaaamn youuuuuu! - Jan 04, 2004 12:09
Does anyone know " Sammy" ' s email?
Espio_fan76

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Damn you Sammy! Daaaamn youuuuuu! - Jan 04, 2004 12:58
Try HERE!

Be decent though, you know, " buisness-like" .
< Message edited by Espio_fan76 -- 1/4/2004 12:59:39 PM >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Damn you Sammy! Daaaamn youuuuuu! - Jan 08, 2004 13:21
Thanks for thi link. Not that I and all my friends sent angry letters or anything....

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll