Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox Live Gold for free/different downloads for US/UK/JP
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Xbox Live Gold for free/different downloads for US/UK/JP - Feb 17, 2006 10:11
Anybody who' s 1 month free Xbox Live gold membership has already run out, ...if you set up a 2nd profile you' ll get another month.

Basically, because Microsoft are still giving people 1 month free on Xbox Live gold, if you set up another profile when your free month runs out you' ll get another free month on xbox Live gold.

Doesn' t help me much because i already paid for mine before i found out, but i' ve watched two people do it today and just checked it out on my own machine to double check.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, UK, US and JP get different downloadable content (not by much but eventually it' s vary quite a bit). So, just set yourself up with a profile for each territory like so:

Go to Microsoft Passport https://accountservices.passport.net/ppnetworkhome.srf?vv=310&lc=1033

Select ' sign up' and sign up for a new hotmail account. Make sure to choose the country you need (US, UK JP only).

Leave that window open and open up google in another. Find an address in that country (eg, London, Tokyo or New York) and make sure it has a postal/zip code amd telephone number.

Enter the rest of the details, keeping the telephone number at hand.

Go to your 360 and sign out of your original profile. Create a new one and fill in the information required. Opt to sign up for Xbox Live, selecting Silver because it' s free, use the telephone number that corresponds to the address from your new email address...

...and bingo, you' re off.

I had hoped Japan had demos of the Japan only (so far) games that were out there like Wrestle Kingdom but they' re not up yet.

Still, it' s worth doing and keeping for when stuff does become available!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Xbox Live Gold for free/different downloads for US/UK/JP - Feb 17, 2006 10:19
I get a bit angry that many exclusive demos is for japan or uk only...
My friend told me N99 sp demo is coming in march but only for jpn,and us.
Nitro

RE: Xbox Live Gold for free/different downloads for US/UK/JP - Feb 17, 2006 22:45
Just set up a second account for the respective region then.

The US has a couple of extra trailers and JP has some different stuff. It' s the Japanese stuff i' m interested in though!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Xbox Live Gold for free/different downloads for US/UK/JP - Feb 17, 2006 22:52
I get angry cos most of the stuff seems to be for japan. And it' s the stuff they have that i' m interested in.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 17 Feb 06 14:53:34 >
Nitro

RE: Xbox Live Gold for free/different downloads for US/UK/JP - Feb 17, 2006 22:55
Actually, Japan have less stuff available to download than Europe or the US so i wouldn' t get too frustrated!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll