Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Champions of Norath: Return to Arms
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Champions of Norath: Return to Arms - Feb 10, 2005 10:33
Okay, this game was released on Feb 7th and I want it. Since I' m a huge fan of RPG' s, think " Morrowind" , and this game for the PS2 is a lot like Morrowind and the graphics are pretty damn good, in my opinion, I' m already hooked! Another plus is it has the option for 4-player cooperative. Here' s a bit of info:

- It' s a continuation of the engrossing fantasy storyline of Champions of Norrath, with exciting twists and turns that require the player to choose his or her fate

- Contains two new playable races

- You can earn medals based on gameplay performance, which can then be used to unlock secret levels

- Thousands of new items, weapons, armor and magical artifacts to acquire

- All-new and beautifully detailed environments

- New spells and abilities for all classes

- Tons of new monsters to battle and NP characters to encounter

- Secret Epic items of incredible power found through unlockable side quests

- The ability to import characters from the original game and start at a higher difficulty level

- Increased level limits—take characters to level 80!

- More than 50 gameplay areas, along with a mission system containing non-linear side quests

- Multitap support for up to 4 players

- Online multiplayer options for up to 4 players

We' re talking over 100 hours of gameplay per character. Yippee!!
< Message edited by Sharon -- 19 Mar 05 18:20:42 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Champions of Norath: Return to Arms - Feb 10, 2005 11:23
Let' s not forget incredibly hot chick on the adverts running in all the gaming mags.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Champions of Norath: Return to Arms - Feb 10, 2005 14:31
i want to get it.im gettin this game first
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Champions of Norath: Return to Arms - Feb 10, 2005 14:33
i mean im gettin it next not first sorry
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Champions of Norath: Return to Arms - Feb 23, 2005 08:53
Has anyone seen the add for this game in the latest EGM??? I' d almost expect to see that add in a certain mens mag, not in a videogame mag!
Sharon

RE: Champions of Norath: Return to Arms - Mar 19, 2005 10:18
Okay, I' ve played the game and I' m glad I didn' t buy it first. Why?

Well, firstly, the camera is at a bird' s eye view, so you run around fighting and collecting things looking not much bigger than an ant. What is the point of great graphics if you can' t see them in first person or even third person.

My second beef is the cooperative play - yeah you can have up to four people playing and everyone is on the same screen (no split screens), but everytime you change your weapon, or armor, or just checking to see what you have available the whole game has to be put on hold until your teammate is finished -- which really sucks when you' re in the middle of a battle.

IMO this game was a big disappointment.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Champions of Norath: Return to Arms - Mar 19, 2005 16:39
If you are looking for RPG' s to play with other people then you should try the PC games. They are just so much better at this type of game than consoles. I mean Baldur' s Gate is nice, but when you compare it to the PC version it' s trash. We usually get the dumbed down hack and slash version without much depth. I' m going through World of Warcraft right now and loving it. I' m nearing lvl 30, which is halfway to the lvl max. It' s a very balanced game and grouping with people isn' t much of a problem. I know a lot of people shy away from games like this because it' s on a PC and they don' t want to mess with their PC' s game playing ability, and the fact that it costs 15 bucks a month after the first month.
Sharon

RE: Champions of Norath: Return to Arms - Mar 21, 2005 11:00
Can' t afford to upgrade my PC, plus I really like my consoles.
Fragus_Maximus

• Total Posts : 156
RE: Champions of Norath: Return to Arms - Mar 21, 2005 21:18
The main problem i have with MMORPG' s it that stupid monthly fee. However, there is hope. Guild wars is coming. It requires no monthly fee, and provides much a faster pace.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Champions of Norath: Return to Arms - Mar 27, 2005 00:52
Guild Wars=Diablo...nothing wrong with that but it' s not he same as Warcraft, or at least when I played the beta during last years E3. I don' t mind the monthly fee just as long as we keep getting more and more content and Blizzard is doing a good job with that right now.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll