Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Should I sell my XBox360?? :P
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Should I sell my XBox360?? :P - Dec 18, 2005 06:36
Choupolo needs your advice!

After a splitsecond of curiousity, I managed to win myself a core XBox360 on ebay for £320. *waits for ppl to stop laughing!* Well this really was an impulse buy, it really was like 47 secs left...click click...aww crap! And after all my bitching about not buying one, a core system at that, and giving money to greedy ebayers too! Damn my complete lack of self-control!!

Anyway, I only realised afterwards how difficult it was to get the VGA cable and other accessories like memory card, hard-drive etc. And the console would be pretty much useless to me otherwise cos aside from my PC monitor, I' ve only got a crappy TV with an aerial input on it *waits for more laughing to stop*

Ok, so if I can sell it either again on EBay or at a local shop, Id probably get most of my money back. But what d' yu think I should do?? I could just keep it and wait till a vga cable becomes available somewhere, but how likely is that? I cant save games without some memory device, and I' ll end up spending tonnes more money on these accessories, when I could wait till March and get em all for £280.

Ideas?
< Message edited by choupolo -- 18 Dec 05 14:51:04 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Should I sell my XBox360?? :P - Dec 18, 2005 07:32
L
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Should I sell my XBox360?? :P - Dec 18, 2005 10:23
If i bought it, id keep it. I mean, it cant be that hard to get the Memory card, though id go and buy the harddisk instead!

Get Condemned and you wont regret it! Also look ath the trailers Rampage posted of Lost Odessy and Blue Dragon
choupolo

RE: Should I sell my XBox360?? :P - Dec 18, 2005 11:50
Thanks Quez hehe. [:' (]

Yea, Im definitely considering keeping it Vx. I had a chance to play Condemned and liked it a lot. But I noticed a bit of slow down at one point. Does that happen a lot? And that Lost Odyssey trailer looks great (Blue Dragon not so much..) but there' s no clue whether there' ll be a good plot or not. Just have to wait and see about that one. Reminds me of Star Ocean 3 which disappointed me a little.

Still its tempting to get my money back on EBay so I can get a premium bundle (w/ its hardrive and wireless pad) in a few months instead for no extra. And it' ll be easier to get a vga cable then too. Should get the core on Tuesday so I guess we' ll see then!

< Message edited by choupolo -- 18 Dec 05 20:53:25 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Should I sell my XBox360?? :P - Dec 18, 2005 14:23
I noticed very little slowdown in condemned, and nothing that bothered me at any point in the game, which all in all is the best game i got at launch, out of PDZ, PGR and Kameo.

Depending on whether you can wait or not, id keep it and just purchase the different accersories as you have the money for it!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Should I sell my XBox360?? :P - Dec 18, 2005 19:13
Do what you think will cost less, the HDD and vga cables should show up in retailers soon, I know I' ve seen both here in canada. On the other hand if you can get your money back on the core pack then I would do that, mainly because the core is ugly and the premium pack is a sexy piece of art with the crome tray.
choupolo

RE: Should I sell my XBox360?? :P - Dec 20, 2005 06:06
K thanks for the advice all. I ended up cutting my losses and selling for £280 at a local shop. Which effectively means I' m replacing my core for a premium edition for the £320 i payed to start with. That' s not bad I guess!

Was veery tempted to keep it, but I went for a large scale mission for memory cards, cables, hdd' s etc and only found a few memory cards for between £23-30. Games were £50 in most places and £40 in one shop. eBay is a no go for accessories, its crazy! So I just thought sod it in the end...

The shop is gonna sell my unit for £325, but who' d pay that much for a core pack eh!? Well I' ve learnt never to do that again!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll