Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 25, 2006 03:25
Kikizo

Thats one helluva twist...

Anyhow its looking more like PS3 is gonna have to work hard for a decent lineup in its first year. Holiday 2007 seems a tad more reasonable with each new announcment. This holiday is for our little Wii' s. Abliet the fact Im still not hooked on it yet.

So do any of you consider this a bit of a " smackdown" for PS3?

Like stated above it seems with each new announcment there' s really no reason to bother with a PS3 this year. Next year maybe but this year is definatly becoming " RAW" for Sony.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 24 Jul 06 19:28:51 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 25, 2006 04:00
No matter, I was planning to get the Xbox 360 and PSP versions regardless

But I agree that' s one hell of a smackdown the PS3 has just gotten on the mawf!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 24 Jul 06 20:01:33 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 25, 2006 04:09
I' m a bit worried about who else is gonna step out of the shadows to ' ' delay' ' more ps3 games. Cos if it is that hard to develop for it I don' t think the other platforms will have to spend much money on exclusives.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 24 Jul 06 20:10:28 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 25, 2006 04:25
Unlucky for Sony i guess.

It' s not just the complexity of the machine that' s putting developers off, it' s the cost of the development and the risk factor (in that developers will be taking into account the cost it takes to MAKE the game and ship it and offsetting it against Sony' s potential 1st year userbase and seeing whether they would MAKE money or not).

Since it' s THQ that' s cancelled development of a game there will definately be other studios looking and seeing whether THEIR games are viable for release on the platform.

dasher232

RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 25, 2006 04:41
Something must be really worrying on sony' s side though because not only miss molly but now their developer relations manager has jumped ships so i' m looking forward to hearing his reasons.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 26, 2006 06:45
That' s a pretty big blow for the PS3. Can' t wait to play it on the 360 though, it looks bloody amazing!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 26, 2006 07:16
Wrestling games have a good bit of mainstream appeal, at least in the states. This has got to be fairly worrisome for Sony.

They' ve already been making statements that the PS3 is targeted primarily towards high-end AV afficianados, but that' s really limiting their potential userbase to 5-10% of all gamers.

During which console generation, if any, has the technically " most powerful" console been the market leader? It has always come down to the one with the most games and broadest array of 3rd party support.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 26, 2006 07:19
Oh no, Not smackdown. Whats the point in buying a ps3 now? especially if the excat same game is coming out next year! and the year after that! my god!!

How can the ps3 survive a year without SmackDown??
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 26, 2006 07:25
wow ps3 miss out on a wrestling game.

They can miss out the 360 version also,i wouldn' t mind [:' (]
Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 26, 2006 13:18
Truth be told people may not be fans of this type of game, but rest assured this is a series that sells millions and you ever wonder who buys the games you yourself don' t want?

I don' t think I need to tell anyone how popular wrestling is (even though I' ve long outgrown it) Even if some may not be interested in this game its yet ANOTHER game that could' ve potentially convinced people to purchase a ps3 now thats one less shot sony has at picking up a customer.

Keep in mind I' m not saying the ps3 wont sell because of this game, but everyone has different tastes and for someone else out there this could' ve been the killer app for the ps3 and now its only coming to the 360 believe me it will have an impact.
dasher232

RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 26, 2006 18:07
Well I can tell you that I know someone who buys nearly every wrestling game and beats me at them (I don' t see the attraction) and i' m pretty sure he' s very interested in smackdown 2007. I think it' s one of those games that loads of people buy and hide probably like barbie.....or maybe thats just me....

also it' s very popular in america iv' e been told so should go down well there.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 26 Jul 06 10:10:48 >
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 26, 2006 18:31
Apologies for going off topic, but in my opinion Wrestling is good fun to watch and in some cases is almost like an art-form and before you say it, it has nothing to do with the sweaty men [:' (] I have no shame in admitting that I' m a huge fan and anyone who hides it are quite frankly an idiot.
< Message edited by Calintz -- 26 Jul 06 10:32:08 >
dasher232

RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 26, 2006 18:48
It' s not necessairly got to do with ' ' sweaty men' ' it might be just because everyone else has gone off it. For instance when I was about 12 I used to watch wrestling all the time an was a bit fanatic and would play the games but now I don' t watch it and wonder what I ever saw in it so maybe it might just be a peer thing (don' t wanna admit cos everyone you know don' t like it).
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 26, 2006 19:59
I remember the hype about ' WTF' as I like to call it on the megadrive, it enver floated my boat then - but I guess if you love wrestling the games are great?!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 28, 2006 05:34
I' m a big wrestling fan, in fact I waited until Smackdown JBI and GTA3 was available for the PS2 before I got the console. The new Smackdown game isn' t even coming out for PS3 so it' s even more reason for me to stick with my 360 for now and wait for a PS3. I was debating if the game would be better on PS3 and have a better online audience. Now the game has been canned I need not worry.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 28, 2006 06:20
I' ve been a huge wrestling mark since the beginning of the 80s and the love is still going strong baby, WHOOOOOOO!!!

*starts strutting like Ric Flair*
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 27 Jul 06 22:20:55 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Jul 28, 2006 07:07
Wrestling is entertainment, just like anything else. I used to be into it, big time, but my facination has worn off.

I still have a couple of friends back in Michigan who love it, though.

And, yes, this is another straw on the back of Sony' s camel. I don' t think it' s THAT big a deal, though.

And I think wrestling is pretty big in Japan, too (of course I could be mistaken).
< Message edited by Chee Saw -- 27 Jul 06 23:08:03 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Smackdown vs Raw ousted from PS3 - Aug 15, 2006 13:17
I think this is a big deal for microsoft. PS2 had the only good wrestling series while the xbox had trashy half done games. im not the type that will flip out over a new wrestling game, but i do occasionally play them, a matter fact i know like 20 ppl that bought a ps3 for just that. and im sure sony will say it doesnt effect them just like the GTA series wont effect them...right....

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll