Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I need a lil buying advice
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
I need a lil buying advice - Oct 26, 2004 01:41
Mostly concerning GTA: San Andreas. OK currently my long living xbox is now suffering from plug problems, so Im in need of getting a new one mainly before the release of HALO 2. that' ll cost be about $150+/-. But, I so want GTA:SA but need to get a PS2 as well. However, we all know how Rockstar has been with the games especially when GTA showed up on xbox.

Shoudl I hold out for the possibility that GTA:SA may coming to xbox or should I spend $300 on a new xbox,pstwo, and GTA:SA? I have the money to do so it' s just Im very picky when it comes to spending it. What do you all think?
dabears

• Total Posts : 26
RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 26, 2004 02:38
well here is one question you need to answer your self and that is

if i get a ps2 just to play GTA: SA will i use it enough to justify getting the package?

or will by getting the ps2 just for GTA: SA, be the only game i will buy for the ps2 and be worth the $200; or take the chance that it will come out on the xbox in a few months and save that money for something else?

that is just the way i would think and from those questions, just me i dont really care for the GTA: SA, i would not get the ps2 and game, but wait for it to come to the xbox
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 26, 2004 03:39
To be perfectly honest, I' m not sure how you' ve lived this long without a PS2.

Personally, I don' t think one game is ever enough to warrant a purchase of a system (which is why I never got the Xbox until 9 months after launch). However, there' s FAR more than just one game worth playing on the PS2. I can give you a list of about 50 exclusives that might interest you.

But if you' ve already done your research, then regardless of how great GTA: SA is, if you still think it' s the only game you' ll play, I just don' t think it' s worth it. Besides, if you wait a few months, you may get the announcement for SA to go multi-platform, just like the first two did.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 26, 2004 03:48

Personally, I don' t think one game is ever enough to warrant a purchase of a system

The only exception to that would be Gradius V.
That game is worth purchasing 6 PS2s for :)
fathoms

RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 26, 2004 04:46
Well then, I stand corrected.
Mass X

RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 26, 2004 04:55
Thats the big pushing point for me so far is that it most likly will end up on Xbox sooner or later. Then again there a few PS2 exclusives I' m interested in and its always nice to have a bigger library of games and choices. Still so far the Xbox and Gamecube have kept me satisfied in most of the genres.

Thanks very much for the opinions, I' m probably just gonna wait it out.
fathoms

RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 26, 2004 06:16
I' m bored, so here' s a few PS2 exclusives off the top of my head that are excellent:

Shadow of Destiny (mystery/adventure)
Onimusha 2, 3 (action; best action games available next to NG and DMC)
Devil May Cry (action; along with NG, a CANNOT-miss experience)
Twisted Metal: Black (action; 9.6 at GameSpot)
ICO (adventure)
Soul Reaver 2 (action)
Suikoden III (RPG)
Final Fantasy X (RPG)
Final Fantasy X-2 (RPG)
Ace Combat 4, 5 (flight)
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, La Pucelle Tactics, Phantom Brave (Strategy/RPG)
Amplitude (rhythm)
Gran Turismo 3 (racing; still the best simulator out there, GT 4 coming in Dec.)
Ratchet and Clank, R&C: Going Commando (platform)
Jak and Daxter, Jak II (platform)
Kingdom Hearts (RPG)
Champions of Norrath (RPG)
Frequency (rhythm)
Gitaroo-Man (rhythm)
Gradius V (arcade/shooter)
The Bouncer (action)
Star Ocean: ' Til the End of Time (RPG)
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (fighting)
SOCOM II (action/strategy, online)
Zone of the Enders: The 2cd Runner (action)
Maximo: Army of Zin (action)
Guilty Gear X2 (fighting)
Rygar (action)
Silent Hill 3 (survival/horror)
Smugglers Run 1, 2 (action)
Super Bust-a-Move 2 (puzzle)
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (action/stealth)
Legaia 2: Duel Saga (RPG)

whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 26, 2004 12:23
How much money can you actually spare for these consoles? I' d say to get your X-Box plug repaired. You don’t need to buy an entirely new X-Box do you? It might cost $50 for somewhere to repair it but it' s better than $100 for a new X-Box.

PS2' s should be going cheap somewhere too. Have a look on e-bay for some second hand ones. You should be able to snag one for a good price.

Alternatively do what I did when getting my X-Box... trade in some of your older games you know will never be played again. I got a £110 X-Box with 2 games and a joy pad for £60 by trading in about 4 games or something as stupid.
Mischael

• Total Posts : 10
RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 28, 2004 19:09
I think you should wait now for XBox i' m not sure what' s coming out but i Know in the coming months for PS2 metal gear solid three is coming out and 2005 will be the year of the PS2 but as most people i don' t think buying a system for a game is worth it so what i would do is buy a XBox get halo 2 if you don' t like it go to Gamestop and trade it in so that you can at least get some credits to buy a PS2 when San Andreas will probably will be cheaper of course you can wait till 2006 and get a PS3
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 28, 2004 23:50
It all comes down to the games you want to play.

BTW if you have poor morals you could always trade in that broken xbox. I assume you' d get US$40 to US$50 for it.

Fathoms

The very first game on that list is available for the xbox you fool! :P
Mischael

RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 28, 2004 23:58
Of course if you want you can get a PS2 and buy Kingdom Hearts 2 and Final Fantasy 12since according to gamestop Final Fantasy 12 is coming out 12,30,2004, and Kingdom Hearts 2 January 11, 2005 man i hope if you can confirm this
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 29, 2004 00:09
LOL, he' s right fathoms.
fathoms

RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 29, 2004 00:24
LOL

Okay, that' s true. But A. It' s the only one on the list that is, and B. It took like, a YEAR, for that game to show up on the Xbox. It was a launch game for the PS2 in 2000.
Mass X

RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 29, 2004 00:53
I have been wanting to play ICO and Devil May Cry. Also I' m not a big RPG (turned based especially) but I do often love the stories behind them. However, my PS2 lacking issues is no longer a problem since my girlfriend is getting one this weekend.

BTW I preformed surgery on thee ol xbox (had the poor thing since it first came out like 4 or so years ago) and the plugs working now. Still tho I think I should get a newer xbox neways just to ensure top quality performance on newer games.

Time has cured everything.

I think Ill get in the bed with Sony on the release of a PS3 along with the next gen XBox. I may leave the nintendo out tho.

So thats the plan - New Xbox with games. PS2 games for my girlfriend. Wait a year or so for the Next Gen and go with Sony and MS.

--Thanks Again--
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 29, 2004 01:37
If your xbox is still working there' s no point in getting a new one. You might as well wait until it has some major problems before buying a new one.
Mischael

RE: I need a lil buying advice - Oct 29, 2004 01:55
Or do what i did borrow from a friend it should work

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages