Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Great Itagaki Interview Adam!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
Great Itagaki Interview Adam! - Jul 05, 2006 08:03
.....it rules, Itagaki rules and you rule! ....

....Question: why didn' t you ask him if there' s going to be a totally new character in DOAX2, like there was with Lisa in the first one? :(

...i am dying to find out who this will be.... ...(actually, i really really really really really really hope it' s Rachel from NG).....

...oh well, at least i know how to drink like a real man now ....

Kikizo: I am guessing you' re thinking seriously about PS3 stuff right now, what can we expect from you on the PS3 side of things?

Itagaki: Of course I am a developer and a programmer, and I am very curious about the PS3 architecture, so I am studying all about it. Last year I did not have enough information on it! But now I know enough about it, I think it' s a pretty exciting time.

Kikizo: I am assuming you' ve had time with the latest devkit, what has your research about it been telling you?

Itagaki: Of course I am very interested to find out more about it, but I am trying to focus my time on DOAX2 right now. So of course, we talked about alcohol and playing and stuff, but to put the worries to rest, I can tell you that those members of staff who like to work on ' serious' games, are working on those projects, so there is nothing to worry about. And going back to DOAX2, while I am making this game as a hobby, I don' t want you to think it is going to be done poorly; it' s going to be a really good, well-made game. My question to you is, what your impression of the trailer?

...hmmm interesting... ....what do you guys read between those half answers?...

....we all know that Itagaki-san demands the best when it comes to sheer power and scope.... ...what possible PS3 related scenarios do you think might be swirling around in his brain?......

....i know his beloved Code Cronus has been repeatedly snubbed buy M$ for years on end... ...perhaps Sony see this issue as their chance to muscle in on some Team Ninja goodness?...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 5 Jul 06 0:11:06 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Great Itagaki Interview Adam! - Jul 05, 2006 08:18
Ninja Gaiden 2 actually.

We KNOW it' s 360 bound but a PS3 version would make Team Ninja even more money and Sony' s not stupid. Sony pay Kojima for MGS exclusivity, why else after repeatedly stating that he didn' t want to make any more would he direct MGS4 and act like Sony' s lapdog?!

I think Sony will want some Ninja Gaiden 2 action!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Great Itagaki Interview Adam! - Jul 05, 2006 08:28
Itagaki is like Square-enix,they tend to flirt with one side,but they never cheat with their favorite anyway.
He just look for some deal.
You hear MS calling up COD2 team and Epics to make them a 360 game.

perhaps he wants a call too
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Great Itagaki Interview Adam! - Jul 05, 2006 10:43
well...i find interesting that he is still studying the PS3 hardware and by the way he says it was only very recently that they got a final devkit, which may mean that PS3 hardware isn´t that balanced.

I don´t know if he will follow PS3 path too long as it seems to me that Itagaki-san wants to have the same status as Namco in japan. In order to do so, it may be better for them that MS gets really desperate about losing them to the dark side (sony) and give them even more money for exclusives. That way they can grow finnancely.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Great Itagaki Interview Adam! - Jul 05, 2006 18:58

ORIGINAL: Hidemoto

well...i find interesting that he is still studying the PS3 hardware and by the way he says it was only very recently that they got a final devkit, which may mean that PS3 hardware isn´t that balanced.

I don´t know if he will follow PS3 path too long as it seems to me that Itagaki-san wants to have the same status as Namco in japan. In order to do so, it may be better for them that MS gets really desperate about losing them to the dark side (sony) and give them even more money for exclusives. That way they can grow finnancely.

If NG2 were to come to PS3, I would be like WTF?

No vibration? You can' t play NG without vibration!

But hey all the same it' s alright, I would love for TN to make more money.

Then bring exclusives to M$ next-gen console... (after 360) as they
expect the PS3 to last for 10 years, M$ will have a more powerful console after
5 years. Then TN and M$ will hop in bed again!

The place webby enough??? No?

*Web BAHLL*

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Great Itagaki Interview Adam! - Jul 05, 2006 19:42
If NG2 would come to ps3 which i doubt,it also come to 360.

Make no sense telling famitsu he would never leave or dissapoint his xbox fans in 2005 and then planning 360 titles,now he also has released doa4 and his upcoming doaextreme is on its way.

Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Great Itagaki Interview Adam! - Jul 05, 2006 19:53
ITALY ITALY ITALY ITALY

i really hope GAIDEN comes to PS3 i love that GAME
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Great Itagaki Interview Adam! - Jul 05, 2006 20:27
PS3 > Mega Drive and your cat.

MotorStorm > Killzone 2 but not MotoX Madness..

FRANCE FTW!!!

Look up in the sky!

*Web BAHLL*

Aww, you all sticky now!
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Great Itagaki Interview Adam! - Jul 05, 2006 20:34
ITALY ITALY ITALY ITALY

i really hope GAIDEN comes to PS3 i love that GAME
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Great Itagaki Interview Adam! - Jul 07, 2006 02:08

Ninja Gaiden 2 actually.

We KNOW it' s 360 bound but a PS3 version would make Team Ninja even more money and Sony' s not stupid. Sony pay Kojima for MGS exclusivity, why else after repeatedly stating that he didn' t want to make any more would he direct MGS4 and act like Sony' s lapdog?!

I think Sony will want some Ninja Gaiden 2 action!

....yea...

....we all already know that there' s a high probability that NG2 will go multi-format (possibly including the wii)....

....what i' m talking about, is Itagaki-san' s pet projects which have been on hold for years.... ....i think that Sony will offer Itagaki-san (The Living Videogame Legendâ„¢) bundles of cash to make one or both of his new projects a PS3 exclusive.... ...something which Itagaki-san will not refuse, due to the opportunity to realize projects which MS have been wary of, and also to further cement Team Ninja' s status as the best video game developer in the world.....

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 6 Jul 06 18:09:20 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message