Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Good Present-Gen Platformers
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 26, 2006 07:38
Hey there true believers! I' m looking for a good present-gen action-platformer that isn' t from the ratchet, jak, mario or sly series' . preferably something above the 7 year old' s difficulty level. Anyone?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 26, 2006 07:41
mario and jak aren' t the 7 year old difficulty level hun??

i think you listed the best for this gen... oh nooon you forgot a very good one conquer' s bad fur day reloaded
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 25 Jan 06 23:47:05 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 26, 2006 08:23
Any specific consoles?

Tomb Raider: Legend is out soon! (looks really good)

On PS2 the Ape Escape games are good fun, Psyconauts, Metal Slug (3, 4, 5), Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, Sonic Mega Collection Plus and Mega Man Anniversary Collection are all worthy buys.

On Xbox Conker Live & Reloaded is GREAT!!! but otherwise Alter Echo, Blinx/Blinx 2 (if your desperate), Scaler and Whiplash are ok.

I wouldn' t know what to suggest for Gamecube, even though i have loads of games for it, very few of them are platform games. I enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine even if others didn' t...

I honestly think you should forget buying a platform game and play through Resident Evil 4 again!!!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 26, 2006 08:56
Klonoa 2, nuff said
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 26, 2006 16:30
There is also this

http://xbox.ign.com/objects/482/482075.aspx

I didnt play it myself, but it should be really really good and underrated by people, reviewers loved it!
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 27, 2006 03:33
You should also wait for Chibi-Robo. I know I am!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 27, 2006 05:08
actually abasoufiane, i was asking because i thought some of those were a little simplistic, with a semi-tolerable replay value. (save the original jak & daxter, which i' m playin now)

Anyways, thanks everybody! I completely forgot about Psychonauts, that was one of those games that i couldn' t buy when it came out because i had virtually no income, and as income brought other important things to my attention, (" Debt? Shove it up my USB 2.0!" ) it fell to the wayside. Once again, life got in the way of my gameage.

I enjoyed P.O.P. Sands of Time, How was Warrior Within? as long as the original? changing the subject, sadly, i have no Xbox and most Xbox only games that look really good, like Conker are just out of reach.

Yeah, i haven' t played Resident Evil 4, but i am borrowing it from a friend on monday, so... (bursts into tears, and twitches a little, from good game withdrawl)
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 27, 2006 23:19
i think psychonauts is perhaps the best platformer on the planet right now.

So is lego star wars.
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 28, 2006 00:03
Psychonauts is ace - some decent challenge on the last level, but worth it for the characterisation more than anything else (and visual variety)

Lego Star Wars is great too, but not challenging in any way.

PoP Warrior Within is still a decent game, just severely let down by the design choices made. Emo angst and Godsmack, no thanks. Two Thrones is an improvement design wise, tho not to the best Sands of Time has to offer, but the level design is a bit on the simpler side. Of the 3, Sands is still the best imho (combat included - sure it' s unwieldly, but so is WW' s and T2T' s, but it' s nice an simple).

Other than that, I' m spent...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 29, 2006 19:09
Psychonauts is not only a great platformer it' s a fantastic and fresh approach to the Genre.

Metal Slug is not a platformer people like many other games mentioned here.

If I were you I' d get Sonic Rush for DS or MArio and Luigi Partners in time , Kirby' s Canvas Course is cool as well.

I didn' t play second PoP , but I heard that the 3rd one is going to be what POP2 was supposed to be.That doeasn' t sound to good for Warrior Within now does it? :)

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 29, 2006 20:36
i' m 90% of POP3 and without any doubt this game is the best prince ever. i played both other POP, the first one i loved and beat it and the second one is so so which i didn' t finish, but the third got me hooked, the design is absolutly awesome, it is so much inspired from the old city in Morocco well duh , casablance ubisoft worked on it, well casablance is the biggest city in morocco... anyway the gameplay is so much fun , they just took the best of each POP, two thrones is really good, and damn yes this is what POP2 should have been.
Phoenix87

• Total Posts : 33
RE: Good Present-Gen Platformers - Jan 29, 2006 23:34
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - a soon to become classic plattform game

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages