Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Finally got my 360! ^^
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Finally got my 360! ^^ - Jan 29, 2006 01:46
Hey dudes,

You might remember that I bought a core 360 off ebay a month ago for more than I should have, and I was planning on trading it in to a 2nd hand shop while the price was high so I could get a premium 360 a month later with the same money! Well...it worked, woohoo! Prices seem to be returning to normal now in the UK.

So I' m now playing PGR3. No system crashes yet, and its been on for 2 days straight! The aliasing seen in the shops was due to those Samsung displays. Hooked up via vga to my lcd monitor, things look pretty sharp! Those blurred road markings I was talking about are only on the bridges on the New York stages, and I still think some of the car interiors are a bit shoddy, while others are excellent. The outside environments are spectacular though.

The only wierd thing is PGR3 doesnt like my monitor' s native res of 1280x1024 (its not widescreen unfortunately). It tries to keep things widecreen even if I choose ' normal' in the dash, making everything squished sideways! The only resolutions that work normally are 640x480 (looks like a PS2 game!) or 1024x768 with the widescreen issue but using borders, however it still squishes the image a little. So I had to stretch the image slightly on my monitor, sacrificing about a 1cm of the picture on either side. Demos of other games run fine at 1280x1024, so PGR is just strange!

Well I' m not particularly hot for any of the other launch games, altho I liked the demo for Condemned. But Im on Live for a month, which was very simple to access (tbh I never had any problems with ps2 games either!). So if you want a race on PGR3, my gamertag is Choupolo. Im getting pretty good!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll