Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No online play for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
ColdFusion

• Total Posts : 35
No online play for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Jun 23, 2004 16:12

Despite speculation about the next Grand Theft Auto including online play, it appears this won' t be the case. According to a recent article on gamesindustry.biz, Rockstar creative director Dan Houser has confirmed that no online play will be included in GTA: San Andreas.
" San Andreas will not be online, we would have to sacrifice too much for it," Houser said. " We have a lot of script writers working on GTA, and they use so many scenarios to build the story - it' s impossible to do that in an online game, that problem has not been solved."

Even though San Andreas won' t be online, that doesn' t necessarily mean that no future GTA title ever will be. Houser wouldn' t confirm or deny the possibility of online play sometime in the future.

" We are thinking about it," he said, " but it' s simply better to do the things we want to see in GTA in a single-player game. I' m not saying that online games aren' t fun, but I do believe that online games are not yet ready for the immersive gameplay that GTA has to offer."

credit: www.gaming-age.com

fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: No online play for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Jun 23, 2004 17:09
Oh man, you have no idea how little I care.

GTA is an immersive experience as is.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: No online play for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Jun 23, 2004 17:21
I' m with fathoms-- I never expected, nor did I ever even want an online component with GTA. I would have played it were it offered, but I can' t come up with any gametype using the engine that would even feel like playing GTA in the first place

I' m more surprised that anyone was shocked to hear it
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: No online play for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Jun 24, 2004 18:23
Did anyone even think this was possible? If you' ve played the Vice City online mod you know that it is lagy due to the nature of the game and online runs at about 20 Frames Per Second.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: No online play for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Jun 24, 2004 23:30
Id take more missions over online play.

Unless they create a citie online and make a GTA into MMORPG kind of thing.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: No online play for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Jun 25, 2004 01:43

I am sorry but any publication that makes a story out of a comment made to a magazine about a game nobody expects to have online features not having online features, is gay. You might as well run a story about Xbox2 not having backwards compatibility. Oops!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll