Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Will you be at ECTS
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
Will you be at ECTS - Aug 07, 2003 12:10
I will be there, will you?
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Will you be at ECTS - Aug 07, 2003 18:17
Oh yeah, I' m definitely going to be there.

That said best hurry up and order a ticket. I would have done it earlier if it wasn' t for having to try and get others to make up their minds on what day there going to go.

Still, I' ll be at ECTS and the PlayStation Experience. First time since 2000.
mcphill

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Will you be at ECTS - Aug 19, 2003 22:49
I' ll be there with bells on.

I' m meeting with sammy and capcom so I might get something interesting out of them. I' ve been invited to the Euro Viewtiful Joe press breifing as well so that could be cool.
otaku

RE: Will you be at ECTS - Aug 20, 2003 11:09

I' m meeting with sammy and capcom so I might get something interesting out of them. I' ve been invited to the Euro Viewtiful Joe press breifing as well so that could be cool.

What time is Your Capcom invite. I will be there 12-1 Thursday, So I may bump into you . I didnt bother with Sammy not knowing what is happening with them, and last few years their booth has been very dull.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Will you be at ECTS - Aug 20, 2003 19:59
Unfortunately NO for me, I live in the U.S. so you know what the saying is over here-- " WAIT TILL E3!"

In Japan it' s " WAIT TILL TOKYO GAME SHOW(2)!" , " WAIT TILL SPACE WORLD!" , " WAIT TILL (name of Arcade show)"

In Europe it' s " WAIT TILL ECTS!"
otaku

RE: Will you be at ECTS - Aug 21, 2003 14:41
Your lucky.

E3 is ALOT bigger then ECTS, you get new stuff. We dont.

E3 is also a proper event, any fool like myself can get into ECTS.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Will you be at ECTS - Aug 22, 2003 03:17

any fool like myself can get into ECTS.

I wouldn' t be singing the praises of the E3 security system just yet. They advertise " UNDER 18 NOT ALLOWED" but yet I' ve seen plenty of UNDER 16s in there. So it seems as if almost any fool can get into E3 with the right credentials ;)
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Will you be at ECTS - Aug 22, 2003 03:53
Terry is right, E3 is only marginally harder to get into without valid credentials that ECTS - i.e. not that hard at all. They make it look all scary on their registration documentation, but really Bin Laden could get in as Games Analyst if he wanted.

Bottom line is you get hoardes of underage fanboys at any trade event, except perhaps GDC, GDCE, Milia - and definitely X02/3 etc. X02 is about the most professional trade event I' ve ever been to in the games business. And still knows how to have big fun.

Still ECTS this year should be pretty decent! Lots of good exhibitors, strong PS Experience event, Half Life 2, etc. And the ECTS bar of course.
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 8/22/2003 3:54:19 AM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message