Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Private Spaceship Sets Historic Launch
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Private Spaceship Sets Historic Launch - Jun 03, 2004 14:25
Idekii

• Total Posts : 52
RE: Private Spaceship Sets Historic Launch - Jun 03, 2004 22:39
Yeah, I heard about that this morning. I' m not sure what this says more about, NASA or the company behind this. Either way, one wonders the implications of this sort of technology existing in private hands...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Private Spaceship Sets Historic Launch - Jun 03, 2004 23:27
I really don' t think there could be any negative implications. We can' t go out and recruit aliens to do our jobs for cheaper or anything. We won' t be able to conquer the world with it. I just hope that they keep the fares to Mars pretty low. Otherwise Arnold won' t be able to afford to go there and give the planet air in whatever year Total Recall takes place in.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 6/3/2004 5:27:39 PM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Private Spaceship Sets Historic Launch - Jun 04, 2004 05:07
I love the idea. I' d love for more Billionaire- Trillionaires to invest money in these types of operations in order to bring even a small taste of space travel to the masses.
Idekii

• Total Posts : 52
RE: Private Spaceship Sets Historic Launch - Jun 05, 2004 01:58

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

I really don' t think there could be any negative implications. We can' t go out and recruit aliens to do our jobs for cheaper or anything. We won' t be able to conquer the world with it. I just hope that they keep the fares to Mars pretty low. Otherwise Arnold won' t be able to afford to go there and give the planet air in whatever year Total Recall takes place in.

I was referring more to the fact that soon we might have private companies able to carry out similar research that the government has been doing for some time in outer space. It' s a ways off yet, obviously, but it might happen.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll