Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover - Apr 25, 2006 01:39
I say Crazi Taxi as a Racer with the exact same controls
(CT2 haven' t played 3) I mean it works very well for getting
around on the game just alleyway sized tracks
I really can' t think of anything now
But your thoughts are needed
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover - Apr 25, 2006 01:45
Crazy Taxi as a racer is a great idea. In fact, they should have you race against other cabs to see who can earn the most fare by the end of the time limit.

You' d be able to side swipe or ram other cabs in order to cut them off and steal potential high paying customers.

I' ve always wanted Sega to add a very minor GTA element to Crazy Taxi by allowing the cabbies to exit their vehicles and chase down people who stiff them on their fares. Catching them and beating them down for the money, hehe..
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 24 Apr 06 17:52:11 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover - Apr 25, 2006 02:40
Doa and soulcalibur as a more indepth story with character interaction. I.e it would be nice to visit their friends and family and unfold the story as the character rather that fight all the time then look at the movies to see their stories.

Oh and nintendogs as a fighter.....
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 24 Apr 06 18:43:02 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover - Apr 25, 2006 02:57
Mario appears in every kind of games these days so why not an FPS now that the Revolution seems prepared for it. At first you' ll have to jump on your enemies to take them out but once you get a flower pick-up you' ll be able to shoot' em all.
Combine the regular platform jumping with some action FPS and it should work.
Hmm, I guess this is exactly what they did with Metroid Prime...
It turned out great though!
Kannon

RE: What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover - Apr 25, 2006 03:44
Sonic as an Adventure game

Areas are very very large to support his speed

All those from Sonic Adventure are playable who ever else is right for it
Not like non Sonic/Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2 but in raw form like prior
games and make it co op more than 2 players if possible without quailty loss

got more too come but...
dasher232

RE: What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover - Apr 25, 2006 03:55

ORIGINAL: Kannon

Sonic as an Adventure game

Areas are very very large to support his speed

All those from Sonic Adventure are playable who ever else is right for it
Not like non Sonic/Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2 but in raw form like prior
games and make it co op more than 2 players if possible without quailty loss

got more too come but...

Sonic as an adventure agme?...........I dunno but I think it may have been done already. Anyhow back to the topic
it would be kinda funny seeing the guys from doa or even ninja gaiden doing some space channel 5 kinda groooooveeeyyyyy moves.
Kannon

RE: What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover - Apr 25, 2006 05:00
dasher232

Sonic as an adventure agme?...........I dunno but I think it may have been done already.

I talking about a real adventure game we all know Sonic Adventure was not
a real adventure game
Maybe they will do that with tne new one..

Dynasty Warriors as Adventure but minus the historical context plus other needed stuff
...well...
dasher232

RE: What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover - Apr 25, 2006 05:36
Yeah but that would' nt be a cross over of genre at all. All it would be is changing the sonic story a little and to be honest I like it how it is it doesn' t get into too much depth because it' s suppose to be fun and a little childish.

' Adventure is a genre of video game typified by exploration, puzzle-solving, interaction with game characters, and a focus on narrative rather than reflex-based challenges' is that not what sonic adventure is all about or did I miss something?.

Also what would be your definition of an adventure game?.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 24 Apr 06 21:38:33 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover - Apr 25, 2006 05:45
I' m thinking FPS>Edutainment
Medal of Honor Teaches Reading

In all seriousness though, this may not be considered a Genre Crossover, but I always wanted to do this. For an SSX style game, say you were on a mountain, you should have the choice of getting off your board, finding an awesome location, and then pull off your trick on the terrain the way you set it up,
like real snowboarding.

dasher232

RE: What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover - Apr 25, 2006 05:49

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

I' m thinking FPS>Edutainment
Medal of Honor Teaches Reading

In all seriousness though, this may not be considered a Genre Crossover, but I always wanted to do this. For an SSX style game, say you were on a mountain, you should have the choice of getting off your board, finding an awesome location, and then pull off your trick on the terrain the way you set it up,
like real snowboarding.

Accccchh it' s like you read my mind so many time' s iv' e played that game and wondered the same thing..that way makes it so much more realistic rather than feeling like a train on a track.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: What Games do you think could make a proper Genre crossover - Apr 25, 2006 06:35

Doa and soulcalibur as a more indepth story with character interaction. I.e it would be nice to visit their friends and family and unfold the story as the character rather that fight all the time then look at the movies to see their stories.

....Code Cronus (Ninjas, mainly Ay & Kas) & Project Progressive (non-ninjas most likely)... ....if the big ' soft ever allows Itagaki to make them..... ...dunno about SC though...

...actually, i' m not really sure if i care about SC characters away from the ring....

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll